How Old Was Eve When She Was Tempted?

by berrygerry 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Supposedly Adam lived 30 years before Eve was created (WTS doctrine).

ooh - interesting Blondie.

Do you know the reference by any chance?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Are you suggesting that Eve was created as a CHILD?

• waton
    waton

sex is only for the imperfect. Neither of the perfect trio, Adam & Eve and Jesus, the second Adam, while perfect, had never perfect sex. what wasted opportunities.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Echoing Blondie, at Gilead they showed a time line of what GB 1.0 thought as to their relative age.

GB 1.0 (that really means Freddie Franz of course) filled in major gaps by counting backwards from 607 BCE and other JW established dates, which slip my memory at the moment. From there, they came up with some date as to when Adam was created, (4__7 BCE???) and then 30 years later, Eve was created after Adam named all the animals and such. 2-10 days later, s*it happened, and we are all still paying for it.

I think this is in the old SI book somewhere. It's starting to be too long for me to remember the little details...

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Are you suggesting that Eve was created as a CHILD?

Not physically.

But with what measure of mental development, including reasoning ability, was Eve created?

If God did create her with mental development, then to what degree is God responsible for Eve's decision making?

If God did create her without mental development, then how could it be fair to sentence such a child-like person to death for believing a lie told by an intelligent scheming person (Satan)?

• sir82
    sir82

From there, they came up with some date as to when Adam was created, (4__7 BCE???) and then 30 years later, Eve was created

Official JW doctrine still has Adam's date of creation as 4026 BCE.

I may be completely wrong, but here is my understanding.

I don't think they ever explicitly stated this, but it was pretty easy for JWs with too much time on their hands to infer.

IIRC, the old "Aid" book indicated that Cain (Eve's firstborn) murdered Abel when he was 100 years old, thus disqualifying himself for being included in the "seed" of the woman. Thus, at that point in time, Eve gave birth to Seth, Cain's "replacement" in the line of the seed.

Genesis chapter 5 gives Adam's age as 130 at Seth's birth. Subtracting the 100 years for Cain's age, you arrive at Adam being 30 years old at Cain's birth.

I think the assumption was that Eve's creation, deception, the expulsion from the garden, and the birth of Cain all fit within a literal year.

So if Eve gave birth to Cain as assumed, Adam was 30 years older than Eve, i.e., she was created 30 years after Adam.

I don't know (a) how they determined that Cain was 100 years old at the time of Abel's murder, and (b) how they accounted for the 9 months gestation for each of them (Cain & Seth) in those calculations.

I think the "Aid" book only gave the "Cain was 100 years old" statement, and as noted, JWs with too much time on their hands filled in the blanks.

I was told by one of those JWs, back in the 90's, that they expected Armageddon in the year 2005, since that was 30 years after 1975, the idea being that the "6th day" didn't end until Eve's creation, and 6000 years after Eve's creation takes you to 2005.

But I don't recall Armageddon breaking out in 2005.

Unless I somehow slept through it.

• baker
    baker

Why don't they have a drama on this story? It might get more attendance than any memorial ever got.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

BERRYGERRY said, "Not physically. But with what measure of mental development, including reasoning ability, was Eve created? If God did create her with mental development, then to what degree is God responsible for Eve's decision making? If God did create her without mental development, then how could it be fair to sentence such a child-like person to death for believing a lie told by an intelligent scheming person (Satan)?"

OK, I'm glad you didn't mean physically, though if you did, you might have a doctrine shared by no one else in the world. Think of all the pedophiles who would flock to your church! Then you could nail the doors shut and set the church on fire!

As for "God" holding us responsible for decisions made with incomplete information, that's one reason it is not a good idea to believe in "God."

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Why don't they have a drama on this story? It might get more attendance than any memorial ever got.

Full frontal.

Paid admission only.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit