Britain Branch to Cease Printing Sooner Than Expected

by The Searcher 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I've received the following news from a reliable and trusted source:

The demise of printing literature in the U.K. is being brought forward by one year - to March 2018. Graphic design and printing support will go too.

Large numbers of "disposable" Bethelites will now have to make their own way in the world, when their "mother" abandons them. Most of the victims will be reassigned to the field in some capacity. We await more details in the coming months.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I thought the rags have been printed in Germany for a while now, interesting news though

• Chook
    Chook

Paper print is going the way of the dodo bird, WT is going full digital to save cash for the Warwick resort, the only ones head office wants is the brothers with construction skills to keep the realestate company afloat. These literally poor brothers will go to the grave broken by the cult.

Jws used to brag about the printing skill set learned at bethel , but in reality it's equivalent to bragging about being an expert in fixing video recorders .

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

They made a swap from publishing house to real estate investor. The rank-and-file Joe and Ann Publisher have no clue about it.

That's what you call a sect.

G.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So does that mean one day JWS will be going out in service calling door to door with only Ipads ?

• Tallon
    Tallon

Just out of curiosity; if the Britain branch is to cease printing, then what is the purpose of building new branch facilities in Chelmsford. Are the current facilities in London bigger or smaller?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I thought the rags have been printed in Germany for a while now, interesting news though

I understand that some is already - for example the workbooks.

If everything is in place logistically, and Germany has the capacity, why not move it all over sooner-rather-than-later? Makes sense.

I think that it is the logistics that's the issue, not the actual printing - the issue being getting all the transportation / distribution routing set-up, not just for deliveries to congregations in Britain, but for the other countries that the Britain Bethel printed for.

Just out of curiosity; if the Britain branch is to cease printing, then what is the purpose of building new branch facilities in Chelmsford

Mostly office-based (service desk etc) to organise the JWs in Britain. Probably some filming work for JWBroadcasting - but, no, not-a-lot.

What's interesting is that it would seem, that with what is going to be left - they could have probably have just reduced/contracted the Britain Bethel to the original Mill Hill base - and sold of all the satellite locations including the factory - rather than build out in the 'middle-of-nowhere' in Essex......

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Perhaps many of the U.K. "special full-time servants" will use the remaining 9 months of their "vow of poverty" to reappraise the one-sided loyalty expected within the org - and consider how to adequately provide for themselves now, and into their old age. (which millions were assured would never come!)

• nugget
    nugget

If printing is going why do they need to build such a big facility outside London? Seems like an unnecessary expense.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

If printing is going why do they need to build such a big facility outside London? Seems like an unnecessary expense.

Yeah, that was my point above

It's likely they could have reduced their footprint to the 'original' Mill Hill Bethel, financial benefit from selling off everything else, AND still be in a good London based-location (including on the London subway network, and numberous nearby congregations).

And that's why 'The Searcher's' OP here - which I originally totally miss-read (sorry!) - is actually very interesting, once you join the dots

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit