Around 100 billion people have died

by Funchback 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Funchback
    Funchback

According to some, the earth may have 10 billion people living on it by the end of this century. There is genuine concern about space and resources.

Imagine, then, 100 billion people being resurrected to live on Earth. Some JWs will argue that not everyone will be resurrected to Earth, including 144,000. Imagine 50 billion then, assuming that half of the people who ever lived did something so horrific that they aren't deemed worthy to be resurrected.

JWs who are lurking and reading this: Where are they going to live? It's impossible for this to happen even if there are no more cemeteries because there are no more dead people (When I was a kid, and I asked where will people live, I was told to think about all the acres of land we will have with no more cemeteries, zoos or jails).

I have been away from meetings for maybe 10 years. When I was active, JWs would argue that there will be new scrolls and that the universe is so big and maybe there will be other places to live. Factually, there have been earth-like planets discovered. However, the hope of living on one of those planets based on JW teachings is purely speculation, a wish. The bible says nothing about it. It only talks about how the Earth will never be destroyed.

So, think with an open mind: Based on what you know and what you have studied in the bible, where would all of those resurrected people go?

And don't forget about needing space for all of the animals.

Sources:
    http://www.prb.org/Publications/Articles/2002/HowManyPeopleHaveEverLivedonEarth.aspx
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16870579

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

my research has led me to believe that there are far more than that, how about 500 billion? the notion of that figure alone and let alone the fantasy of just the resurrection makes the mind boggle. These so called new scrolls dont take into account that the resurrection is to take place on Earth, I always thought about population of other earth like planets but that is even more ridiculous, they are stuck with the problem of the sustainability of how the earth will cope with these hundreds of billions!

• Half banana
    Half banana

How is even one resurrection possible?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I stated the number that is current - yes 100 billion - in a public talk once. One prominent elder from the congregation I was visiting asked me about that after. "The society says 20 billion I thought"

I told him "yea but that is a very old number, there have been much more accurate studies since that, and its not like the society counted them all up themselves right."

I was going to send him the references after, but never did.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

During my bible study I was told that if necessary, Jehovah could always make the earth bigger.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    During my bible study I was told that if necessary, Jehovah could always make the earth bigger.

Ok that may be the stupidest thing I ever heard from a JW - and that's saying a lot!

• sir82
    sir82

The "Insight" Book, published nearly 30 years ago, gives a figure of "20 billion" for everyone who has ever lived. It then proceeds to lay out the logistics of giving everyone a hectare of land or some such, to "prove" that there would be room for everyone once resurrected.

Maybe with 100 billion, people have to start building undersea cities?

It's really quite silly.

Just about everything about the JW version of "paradise earth" falls apart when analyzed for more than 30 seconds.

• A Believer
    A Believer

We have no idea how many will be resurrected. If God wanted us to habitate more planets or make the Earth larger surely this is something someone with unlimited power could do.

• prologos
    prologos

or make the people smaller, Anyway we are safe, The resurrected ones always seem to live on the other side of these mountains in those wt paradise renderings. Godd things that they don't marry and have children.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

surely this is something someone with unlimited power could do

I don't know about that. There seem to be a lot of things that don't get done despite the "unlimited power". For example, God's Word says that "God's Will is that none should be destroyed, but all should come to attain everlasting life." Yet, presently (according to JW doctrine) only 1/10th of 15 of all mankind has accepted that "message of salvation".

That "unlimited power" doesn't seem to be able to get His #1 Divine Directive accomplished. Of course, you must admit, He has "chosen" a really shitty Public Relation Team to try and get this accomplished. Anyone else -- anyone -- would have given the WTS & JWs and great big: YOU'RE FIRED!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit