Does God really care about mankind?

by Sour Grapes 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Sour Grapes,

You must have forgotten the logical and comforting JW explanation as to why God hasn't brought Armageddon yet?

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow respecting His promises, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

I was always baffled by this lame reasoning because as you pointed out, every year he delays means millions more are born and will have to be destroyed.

My JW mother lost her battle with cancer at 57. Toward the end she said to me "You know, I spent a lot years worrying about dying only to find out experiencing it isn't nearly as bad as years of worrying about it was." She said "The hard part is the feeling of missing out or being left out. It's like being invited to a dinner party only to find out that everyone there is staying for dessert afterward, except you. Then I think about the little children who get cancer and all the other things that can happen to a person along the way and I figure I was fortunate to have lived even this long".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Joke-hova wants everyone to suffer as much as they possibly can. That thing is taking all the joy out of living, making it a sin, then a crime, to insist on having any real culture. In the name of "diversity", everything must be blurred together into one mess. Then, spirituality will be totally lost. We all get microchipped, and anyone out of line will be slaughtered. Everyone will be living as slaves, working 18 hours a day 7 days a week and pushed beyond reasonable limits.

And not only is joke-hova not doing anything about diseases, but that thing is suppressing known cures and even inciting others to bash anyone that merely hints that there might be real cures. Cancer is ridiculously easy to cure--and the FDA (joke-hova at work) has made all cures illegal. Heart disease is largely preventable and curable with (get this) magnesium and boron--yet the mere mention of this is enough to invoke "practicing medicine without a license". Diabetes is also curable with supplements and making sure you have enough vitamin B6 (the correct form has been taken out of circulation by--yup, joke-hova), magnesium, and boron. And yet, joke-hova is having those supplements taken out of circulation (not just made prescription substances--made illegal) by Codex Alimentarius.

At the same time, joke-hova is using its system to ensure the water is fluoridated to 1.2 ppm fluoride (and lying to appease people, claiming it has been removed or reduced to 0.7 ppm). Fluoride is known to cause brain damage, dumb down people, and ruin the pineal gland (which uses cholesterol to do its job--hence cholesterol builds up in the blood while low post-cholesterol hormones cause the liver to create more cholesterol). Fluoride causes bones and teeth to become brittle. And, what do you get? More joke-hova! Drugs--statins, blood pressure drugs, more fluoride medications to deal with the fluoride in the water, and who knows what not. Fluoride is also suspected in causing or contributing to other diseases--yet, unlike smoking, you cannot quit using fluoride because all drinking water has 1.2 ppm added fluoride in it.

And joke-hova lies again--blaming Satan for all this. That way, Satan is used as a blind for joke-hova to continue doing this. People croak, people suffer, the whole human race is enslaved, easily preventable and curable diseases and pseudo-diseases cause decades of suffering, cultures are ruined--and joke-hova gets away with it. Definitely, I would never thank that thing for anything--especially since it claims absolute ownership of what it never created and infinite debt based on one single event (real or made up).

• Zyron
    Zyron

Sorry to hear about what you're going thru. I can't begin to imagine it.

You articulate very well what i thought since I was a teenager, I'm now in my 50s. If I didn't go to work or live in a country with welfare or a social net I would starve to death as millions do.

So really, praying to god before meal times is to thank him for getting a job and being born in the West. Does god only exist for the Western world who don't suffer grinding poverty and rampant corruption?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Sorry for your situation and hope you find a treatment. But yeah like many here it's hard to believe in a creator with all the shit going on. I think the tsunami that hit Indonesia was the start of me really waking up.

In my personal life my oldest child developed a condition known as one of the two most painful conditions ever. Seeing this and seeing a child close to death at times is excruciating. A god of love would never do this or not step in a fix it. The fastest way a person or deity can earn love is to do something positive. The fact that people have to make excuses for why their god is never there when they need him is proof to me that he doesn't exist or if he does he doesn't care.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

My dad died of cancer. He wanted so much to live and was willing to do anything. But the chemo and radiation just made him sicker and ensured what time he had left would be wasted in agony. If I were you, I would try Gerson's therapy.

Orthodox quacks claim it's hoax, but it sounds a lot funner than chemo.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The fact that mankind is never cared for by an invisible paternalistic agency, demonstrates that there is no loving Heavenly Father.

The Bible God is a frightening parent who demands abject love and fearful obedience at the same time.

He never changes (Mal 3:6, Jas1:17) or so it was written after his devotees decided to update their grubby idol to conform to the prevailing views of their political masters the Egyptians, namely that God was to be worshipped as an invisible deity. He dashes the children of unbelievers on the rocks (Isa13:16) and has planned to murder 99% of his earthly 'grandchildren'. This loving father is not content with a clinical death but will let the mountains of dead putrefy, feeding the maggots and allowing the birds to peck out the eyes of his victims. Seven billion corpses: a sweet smell to Jehovah's nostrils.

Sounds to me but I could be wrong, that this is wish fulfillment in an Iron Age morality, where the sweetest thing ever was to revenge your enemies.

Grow up religious people! the world outside of religious bigotry, otherwise called humanity or the secular world, has largely moved forward towards a much more compassionate view of mankind.

• dogon
    dogon

If god exists you most certainly can not prove it by empirical evidence. In my book if he is real he is a dead beat dad

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I stopped thanking God for the food I eat. Everyday 20,000 children die of starvation. Am I so blessed that God gave me food and yet doesn't provide for the 20,000 daily casualties?

It is a good point. You know, it's been a while since someone has asked me to pray over a meal, perhaps because they finally realize my position. But if someone were to ask me, and i had the chance, i would totally include this point in my prayer. I would ask god why he is not giving food to those people as well, and keeps giving it to us, when we already have more than enough.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I was the go-to guy to say the blessing over the food when we had non-JW family meals. I stopped this 5 months ago and told them I can no longer thank God for the food we have when so many people starve to death each day. He provided manna for the Israelites so there are no excuses for people dying today unless he lost his power.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

God lost his power he used it all up apparently. He couldn't help Judah because the bad guys had chariots . The Israelites fighting the Midianites lost when the king sacrificed his son to his god Shamash, and Josiah was killed by pharaoh Necro even though Josiah did right by Jah. Poor Jehovah's battery has run dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit