JW's make the big time news

by eyeuse2badub 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Lifestyle

Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses break silence on shunning: 'My mother treats me like I'm dead'

Detroit Free Press 3 hours ago
    I read this on the first page of Yahoo news about 10 minutes ago!
    just saying!
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I can't wait to show this to my wife. We argue about the shunning policy a lot!

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for posting this EYES- Is there a clickable link you can post here so we can read the article as well ? I'm excited to read it. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ttdtt
  • flipper
    flipper

Thanks TTDTT, appreciate it

• AllTimeJeff
  • AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Just read it. Boy did it bring back emotions and memories. Watching my brother become addicted to drugs and then take his own life because of the shunning (which I participated in at the time) will always be heartbreaking for me. This event also caused the breakup of my parents marriage, which led my mom to make some unhealthy choices herself. She passed away from cancer in 2010.

Having to leave and knowing I would forever blow up the bridge was the single biggest act of courage I have ever done in my life. Has my quality of life been lessened because of shunning? Hell yes! This thing is a cult, and I was a born in who fell for it until I woke myself up.

No need for sympathies, I have long since dealt with the trauma, and am at peace with what happened, because it did happen. My revenge is living well, and hopefully to offer some small support to those who are trying to leave. I don't care about political arguments on this board, or religious ones. I don't care that JW's teach some things that are harmless when they promote ideology that threatens peoples lives. (Blood medicine, shunning for seemingly small sins...) I just want you to leave if you're in and get mentally right. That frequently means getting professional help. Don't discount that. Don't be embarrassed. It saved me and many others.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

That's quite the article. Read the comments. A few apologetics who are either lying or ignorant of their own religion.

• flipper
    flipper

Wow. Excellent article explaining the damage that shunning does to families in breaking them up. WT Society is totally guilty of splitting families apart and destroying human beings souls, destroying ex-JW's self worth and any sense of self esteem.

I could really relate to all these experiences of shunned EX-JW's. My two JW adult daughters still shun me after almost 15 years out of the JW cult. I'm not allowed to see my only grandchild a 2 year old boy. Even though I'm not DFed ; I'm treated like I am . If I stop by unannounced as a surprise, my JW daughter will let me see my grandson, but it's almost 2 hours away , so it's a roll of the dice if they're home - or not. My phone calls are ignored to both daughters - so I can never " make arrangements " to visit as any communication I attempt is ignored- like I don't exist.

I swear to god- if I had bouts with depression who knows ? I would possibly lose my shit and do something I'd regret. But fortunately I am a very stable person emotionally and would never do something to hurt others or myself- but that doesn't make the pain any less - or go away. It's like a nagging sore deep within my heart that will never heal until my relationship is restored with my JW daughters.

I totally understand the pain and feel very deeply in a real way the pain these people express in this article. One of the people in this article I even know, is a friend of mine. It's a small world in which many of us as EX-JW's suffer in the dungeon of despair- even in our dreams at times

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses break silence on shunning

Like the rest of us have never talked about it before? Either way, thanks for the info. This might be helpful to some people who like making fun of JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit