The Bible Texts Watchtower has never commented on

by ILoveTTATT2 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

The Watchtower Library is a great tool to learn more about the Watchtower itself. For example, answering the question "Does the word "organization" ever appear in the Bible"? is easy to answer using it. We see that the answer is no, at least in the way the Watchtower uses the word.

I have been reading the Bible again but doing so with a critical eye. I have found tons of contradictions in it, and I have been shocked at how the Watchtower goes as far as changing the Bible text to avoid some contradictions.

Anyways, it is interesting to note the Scriptures for which the Watchtower has NOT commented on. You'd think that after 140 years of "studying" the Bible, that there would be a comment for literally every single Bible text.

But no.

For example, in (Joshua 15:21-32):

21 And the cities at the extremity of the tribe of the sons of Judah toward the boundary of E′dom in the south came to be Kab′ze·el and E′der and Ja′gur, 22 and Ki′nah and Di·mo′nah and A·da′dah, 23 and Ke′desh and Ha′zor and Ith′nan, 24 Ziph and Te′lem and Be·a′loth, 25 and Ha′zor-ha·dat′tah and Ke′ri·oth-hez′ron, that is to say, Ha′zor, 26 A′mam and She′ma and Mo·la′dah, 27 and Ha′zar-gad′dah and Hesh′mon and Beth-pel′et, 28 and Ha′zar-shu′al and Be′er-she′ba and Biz·i·o·thi′ah, 29 Ba′al·ah and I′im and E′zem, 30 and El·to′lad and Che′sil and Hor′mah, 31 and Zik′lag and Mad·man′nah and San·san′nah, 32 and Le·ba′oth and Shil′him and A′in and Rim′mon; all the cities being twenty-nine, together with their settlements.

If you actually count them, they're 36 cities.

This is an obscure Bible contradiction, but nonetheless, the Watchtower, in all those years, has only commented on verses 22 and 29, and even then, only in a little blurb in the Insight Book and/or the Aid for Bible Understanding book.

The rest of the verses have never had a comment from the WT.

Just wondering if someone could do a project showing all of the WT never-commented on texts?
  • freddo
    freddo

WT doesn't say a lot about Luke 21 v 8.

Just saying ...

• sir82
    sir82

They're pretty quiet about these ones:

2 Timothy 3:6,7:

From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22:

“‘If any prophet presumptuously speaks a word in my name that I did not command him to speak or speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. However, you may say in your heart: “How will we know that Jehovah has not spoken the word?” When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word is not fulfilled or does not come true, then Jehovah did not speak that word. The prophet spoke it presumptuously. You should not fear him.’

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

That's a good catch. There is verses in Jeremiah about family going back to Jerusalem. I think Jeremiah. The same set is is mentioned in another book too. Anyway the numbers contradict each other as well as the number of families. In Mathew the list of generations before Jesus is also miscounted. As for the verses you mention Judea borders never came close to that of Edom which was east of Babylon if I'm getting my kingdoms right.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I remember counting up the numbers in the book of Numbers, lots of time they didn't match the total. I think the explanation given is "scribal errors".

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    WT doesn't say a lot about Luke 21 v 8.
    At least it says something about it!
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I have heard a comment on these verses about Jesus from elders that Jesus was a mighty god, but not Almighty God

NWT IS 9; 6 For a child has been born to us,+

A son has been given to us;And the rulership* will rest on his shoulder.+

His name will be called Wonderful Counselor,+ Mighty God,+ Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...Bible texts the WT has never commented on...":

I think would also include the fact that whilst Jesus spoke about Adam and Eve, and the Eden account in Genesis, he taught almost exclusively using parables and metaphors.

:smirk:

• pbrow
    pbrow

or these..

Romans 14:5-6

One man judges one day as above another, another judges one day the same as all others; let each one be fully convinced in his own mind. The one who observes the day observes it to jehovah. Also, the one who eats, eats to jehovah, for he gives thanks to god; and the one who does not eat does not eat to jehovah, and yet gives thanks to god.

or

Colossians 2:16

Therefore, do not let anyone judge you about what you eat and drink or about the observance of a festival or of the new moon or of a sabbath.

Do not start thinking for yourself!!!!

pbrow

• waton
    waton

Col 1;13 " he transplanted us into The kingdom of His Son--" not the millennium kingdom, nor the wt kingdom of 1914, but the one that existed in the 1st century.

cant get rid of the non-quote yellow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit