Sins against the holy spirit...

by shamus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

They say Judas Iscariot commited it because he knew the Christ and ratted on him. He feels so bad about it he commits suicide and gets judged by christians as one who will not see life. Peter does the same thing and feels bad ..........but gets excused for it. Now that's what I call "TRUE JUSTICE".

Gumby

• Amazing
    Amazing

In Evangelical Protestant Christianity its not possible to sin against the Holy Spirit since once one is saved, you are always saved. Much like in theory one could be seen as jumping off the planet into space, but in practice, its not possible.

To most Christian, in theory, the sin against the Holy Spirit is outlined in Hebrews by the Apostle Paul ... its basically sinning with willfull knowledge of what one is doing after learning the truth (not a truth with respect to a religious organization but the truth as found in Jesus Christ ) See Hebrews 10:26 and also where he said in John that he is the way, the truth and the life ...

For the Watchtower Society, I think that Petespal came close to it ... turning aganist the FDS brings one dangerously close to sinning against the Holy Spirit. For the JWs its all about being faithful to an organization.

• logansrun
    logansrun

To me, any idea of an unchangeable mindset is scientifically and philisophically false. It simply makes no sense.

Bradley

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Anyone who swallows saliva is cast into the lake of fire.

• Francois
    Francois

Since the Holy Spirit is nothing more or less than "God's active force" I don't see how you can sin against it. Wouldn't that be like the irresistible force meeting the immovable object? How the hell do you sin against an irresistible force? I can see you getting run over and smashed flat, but sin against it? Who's kidding whom here?

(Besides, who wants to take instructions from a can of Feminine Deodorant Spray, industrial strength?)

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

As far as jw's go? Anything contrary to their teachings and way of life

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit