AM3: Scare your kids into the truth

by neat blue dog 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Anthony Morris III on the 12/20 Broadcast:

Parents need to give their children a realistic idea of what we will face in the near future.
    . . .
    Many parents choose to help their children appreciate the graphic visual imagery of a Bible-based account while at the same time building trust in Jehovah
    . . .
    Be assured that the Governing Body is not trying to scare anyone . . . we are trying to prepare everyone
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

What a lovely Christmas message.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Be assured that the Governing Body is not trying to scare anyone

An embedded confession there, perhaps. I’m always wary when people tell me what they’re not doing.

A more accurate, or candid statement might have said, “we sure as hell are trying to scare you—for your own good”. Assuming he believes his message, of course.

Most GB members I think do believe their message, but AM3 seems a particularly conflicted individual. His extreme statements could be interpreted as cognitive dissonance, or attempting to outrun his own doubts.

• hoser
    hoser

Kinda like when the circuit overseer gives his talk to the congregation. “We’re not trying to make you feel guilty” then he proceeds to make people feel guilty

• Harry
    Harry

Be assured that the Governing Body is not trying to scare anyone.

But we are trying to .....

Sell are literature with corrupt tactics and exploitation

Control people toward are subjective slave state putting them under are rules and devised behavior, as well sanctify are self established position as god's chosen anointed ones.

So yes we imply and impose fear onto people for a lot of reasons but we do it discreetly.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Frankly, while fear is a motivating factor, I don't think it generates long-term commitment as love does. It's sad they have to resort to this method of motivating people -- especially younger ones. Eventually, hopefully they will learn that whatever they were fearing never happens. All the GB does is "cry wolf". There never really is a wolf (just as Armageddon really NEVER comes.)

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Gaslighting/ physiological manipulation by a abusive narcissist .

• Harry
    Harry

When I was a youngster going to meetings it was all about the coming Armageddon (fear) and what to do specifically to being saved via the instructions and guidelines given by the GB heads.

The WTS/JWS leaders (GB) still use fear to lure, coerce and control people, the fact that this idiot Morris says they dont is indicative to the kind of lying and corruption these men are involved with.

The fact that these men propagate fear through their false prophecy tactics which are even opposed to Jesus's own instructions for preaching his New Kingdom order, shows clearly they are involved in their own inherent sin and apostasy.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

Ay, ay, ay...

What does it say about a religion when it calls itself "the truth," but dedicates a many times greater amount of its resources towards terrifying vulnerable people than convincing rational people.

• Harry
    Harry

Answer to that Jofi is its a maligning cult where men (usually men) are trying sequester their own prevailing power and control over people's lives.

Some of these individuals have literature they want to sell and promote which is endeavored to draw in money, its called charlatanism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit