Anybody Here That Still Wouldn’t Take or Give Blood?

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I started to donate Blood as soon as I left in 2008. I also visited my Doctor and informed him I was no longer a JW and if I needed a Transfusion I would willingly accept it, he smiled and said " I bet you would !", he also made sure that on my Patient Records there was no mention of refusing a B.T. or of my being a J.W.

After checking the Records he told me that there never had been any such notes on there ! This surprised me a little, because I know we were urged by the Org to make sure such a thing was on our Record, but I obviously had never mentioned it, I also never carried a Suicide (Blood) Card in later years either.

I can understand some ex JW's being reluctant to either Donate or receive Blood, the fear of it ran deep after years of indoctrination, and all for a Doctrine thought up in the late Forties I believe, by Mad Freddy Franz.

So much Blood is on the hands of the Org, including and especially today's G.B. They could change this murderous, totally discredited Doctrine with the stroke of a pen, and call it New Light, they will not for fear of Litigation, so they allow more JW's, even children, to die, all for $$$.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would treat it as dangerous medication--not something to do just to blow off the washtowel. (That is what Christmas is for.) Blood is quite expensive, and there are a million ways for compatibility issues to arise with a blood transfusion. Not to mention the real chance of getting AIDS or hepatitis C (which, unlike coronavirus, I do take seriously). And there are other options to take before resorting to blood.

First, I would rather try to prevent the incident in the first place. Sometimes all it takes is safety measures to not need any treatment at all. Next, I would rather see measures taken to reduce blood loss. Even if I ultimately need blood, it would likely be a smaller amount, and this means that much risk of compatibility problems or serious diseases. (And more left for others--this stuff is not available in unlimited quantities.) But, if push comes to shove, I would take whatever blood I still need.

Which is more than can be said about the coronavirus vaccine. I simply will not take that, since it would ruin my DNA forever, cause serious and permanent pain and suffering, and the benefits would be almost none.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I would accept a blood transfusion if I really needed it.

I haven't given blood yet, and have no urgent plans to do so at the moment.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Please don't spread unsubstantiated claptrap.

Which is more than can be said about the coronavirus vaccine. I simply will not take that, since it would ruin my DNA forever, cause serious and permanent pain and suffering, and the benefits would be almost none.
  • mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I would take it if needed but I don't give blood.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I can't donate blood because the Red Cross simply disqualifies everyone based on region and age, it saves them on testing blood samples.

So if you're from a less developed country or a country with socialized healthcare or you've been in the military, or you take medications, good luck donating as the chance of having a disease such as polio or hepatitis is higher.

This also leads me to believe that the Red Cross could have much higher rates of donations and probably doesn't need as much blood as they sometimes claim, donation drives are basically masking as blood drives.

• Steel
    Steel

If I needed blood I would rather just drink it in a drunken Roman feast and orgy rather than having a medical transfusion. You know, cause it is pretty just the same thing anyway.

• TD
    TD

One of the funnier moments in life was having a Witness, who was dropping off magazines to businesses at a strip mall, step into United Blood Services while I was donating. The look on his face was priceless.

After I was done, I explained to the receptionist who he represented and what they taught. She threw the magazines in the trash.

• minimus
    minimus

TD that’s a good one!👍👍

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit