We're not trying to convert you

by jws 25 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Standard witness double speak.

When you are in and not awake it's amazing the nonesense you don't think about. This is one example of how they deny/say one thing when you know that is not true.

The goal is to get bible studies to study and get them baptized. But we are only there to share scriptures... which is it?

I don't think the pioneers are all praying to have someone to share a scripture with. They pray for studies. Recruitment is the goal

• Zoos
    Zoos
    smiddy
    Theocratic warfare is just another term for lying...

No it isn't. Never has been.

See what I did there? ;)

• vinman
    vinman
    I remember making this statement myself and then getting back into the car and saying to my service partner: "Well we are trying to convert them, but we can't let them know that."
  • krejames
    krejames
    The catchphrase when I was in was "We're not out to convert people, only they can do that themselves". Utter crap obviously, but that's the way we were taught to justify such glib statements.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

I remember repeating this line from the Reasoning book.

Thinking back now I don't know how I ever said it with a straight face.

I remember either reading somewhere or someone telling me that it was right to say this to the householder and that we were being truthful. And that they would realize that we teach the bible truths. How?

By reading the householder a key text, they would be attracted to our message.

The text read was always what I would call a 'carrot' text, no illness, panda hugging, resurrection, anything BUT what I should have been telling them..... the Good News of the Christ!

It's incredible what a person will do once they've been deeply indoctrinated i.e. Jonestown, Waco.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Stealth evangelism" at its finest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit