75% - haaaaaaaaaa -yea right

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Sanchy: 100%. Period.

No.

Read the 17 March 2013. Period.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Darkspilver: Read the 17 March 2013. Period.

I have. That letter deals primarily with reduced field service activity by elders involved in "special theocratic arrangements", not meeting attendance.

Elders in circumstances described by the OP should, at least in most congregations, be expected to attend all meetings except for extreme reasons. Of course, some elders go out to give public talks every 1 to 2 months, but many, as was in my case when I was in, would also go to my meeting that weekend as well, so as to not miss it.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Yep. 100% attendance is expected of all JWs, unless they have health issues. Otherwise, there is no excuse and they are doomed to eternal destruction. I was never an elder, only made it to ministerial servant, but even ministerial servant have to go above and beyond the average publisher, an elders beyond that.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

TBH, it was a very poor OP in terms of explanation - but not that surprising considering the poster's one and only (so far) other post, oh, and their apparently random made up user name.

The letter is primarily dealing with the field ministry, partly as that is the only thing 'officially' recorded - in unforgiving black and white - for all eternity on the publisher cards for all future other elders and CO's to view.

Therefore the 'importance' of the letter dealing with field ministry.

Meeting attendance is NOT recorded in the same way, at least not individually identifiably - but the letter stills highlights that elder's activity in other congregation activities (this would cover such things as meeting attendance, shepherding, elder's meetings etc etc) may be effected - and that other brothers can fill in for them.

Their caring for this important work may affect their field service activity as well as their share in other congregation activities. Elders in their congregation can show appreciation for brothers caring for other organizational needs by filling in for them locally when they must be away.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Londo111: I was never an elder, only made it to ministerial servant, but even ministerial servant have to go above and beyond the average publisher, an elders beyond that.

That's an interesting obs.... but IMHO the congregation is much more likely to notice if a MS is missing a lot of meeting RATHER than an elder

The MSs basically run the meeting...

MS opens up Hall

MS opens up literature desk

MS sets up sound desk / video (no sound = no meeting!)

MSs are attendants manning the entrance foyer

MS does contribution boxes (lock / unlock / count)

MS does the platform microphone adjustment

MS organises roving mikes

Need territory? It's a MS you need to see

Meeting attendance count (and note made of it) - that's a MS you need

Carts need re-filling? That's a MS you need

Magazines need re-stocking? That's a MS you need

On Sundays MS is responsible for PT speaker turning up and organising chairman

Get the idea? - nobody really misses the elders - but they soon miss the MSs!

The MSs basically run the meetings - elders just give a platform item/talk here and there.

Sunday meeting - just needs ONE local elder (for the Watchtower)

Clam midweek meeting - just needs TWO local elders (for Chairman and Conductor for Bible Study at end)

• dkztcequ
    dkztcequ

@darkspilver - I am sorry. I did not know that it was that time of the month for you.

Actually, doesn't the manual for circuit overseers mention something about a job that requires travel and how this should not be used against someones meeting attendance? What happens in the converse situation?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

dkztcequ: @darkspilver - I am sorry. I did not know that it was that time of the month for you.

WOW!

That is totally sexist

I mean, absolutely, totally sexist.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

OR how much money he has .

THAT more than anything else will be the determining factor..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit