So Many People Are Overly Emotional and Acting Crazy Spoiled!

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Jeff, I don’t blame Obama, Bush or Trump for people being spoiled and entitled either. Kids need discipline at home . Adults need to not take themselves so seriously.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

This is the result of the first amendment being attacked. It started a few years ago in College Campuses and is picking up momentum in all areas of society.

Congress shall make no law respecting ……. prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech

Anti-first amendment- anti-free speech activities started in College Campuses. Administrative cowardice bred the ideology that provided the impetus to physical violence instead of healthy debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-dKiDybMcE

To understand what is happening, it’s necessary to explore the ideology that provides the impetus for a lot of the protestors who violently obstruct debates, assault speakers, students and professors.

Also we need to understand why professors are not stepping up and stopping these students who are engaged in these types of violent actions in order to stop speakers who try to convey an idea that does not align with their views.

Here is one argument that the advocates of violence and anti-free speech make.

A: the validity or invalidity of an argument can be judge solely by the ethic, sexual racial or culture identity of the person making the argument.

For example the reasoning is that straight white Americans are inheritably the beneficiaries of white privilege and therefore cannot speak on certain policies, since they have not experience what it is like to be black, Hispanic, transgender, gay or a woman.

This philosophy ranks the value of the view, not base on the logic or merit of the view, but on the level of victimization in American Society experienced by the person exposing the view.

Therefore if you are a LGBT black woman, your view of American Society is automatically more valuable that a straight white male.

Any argument that attacks this philosophy is considered micro-aggression and should be immediately stopped even if it includes violence to stop such speech.

http://www.glaad.org/sites/default/files/styles/750px/public/images/2015-11/1_Kita.jpg?itok=6KwkvD1e

http://www.glaad.org/sites/default/files/styles/750px/public/images/2015-11/1_Maya.jpg?itok=rwiz9iXu

https://record.goshen.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Micro3_BSU_web.jpg

This destroys Free Speech!

Also it turns students into snowflakes and pathetic, looking for an excuse to be offended.

A healthy nation requires an emotional and intellectually vigorous population ready to engage in open debate at all times. Shielding college students from opposing viewpoints make them weaker and more dangerous and laying a fertile ground for a civil war.

All of our views should be judged on their merits and not on the color, sex, or sexual orientation of the speaker,

And those views should never be banned on the grounds that THEY OFFEND SOMEONE

The first step to a civil war is an attack on Free speech because it promotes violence instead of open debate.

• minimus
    minimus

Conservatives are not welcomed on our campus. If the conservative goes to give a speech they take their lives into their own hands.

• zeb
    zeb

I have not heard of the speaker concerned but if he has such a diabolical outlook then then chanting opposers should learn to debate him not chant as they do here. For every speaker who is drowned out there are people then drawn to their side.

and Im curious what the hell are the chanters at college/university for? They should consider themselves damn lucky they can go to college.

my 10 cents worth.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

zeb

and Im curious what the hell are the chanters at college/university for? They should consider themselves damn lucky they can go to college.

I agree.

What has happened is that this generation of youths that are taking their place among the living, are under the impression that they are entitled to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. They truly believe that the world should revolve around them. They don't considered the hard work and sacrifice it took from previous generations to get to this point.

I sometimes feel embarrassed that I'm part of this generation.

• LV101
    LV101

Flipper -- for REAL! More blame on President Trump -- gee I was attending anti-bullying workshops for students 20 yrs. ago and during terms of liberal presidents. Think I'll blame them! Horn dog Clinton certainly didn't help the moral conduct of school children -- or the rape statistics!

• minimus
    minimus

A friend of mine who is an independent told me this morning that young people just expect everything to be handed to them. As long as they are promised free stuff , they are in!

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Ignorants can't speak for themselves, and who would speak for an ignorant?

• TD
    TD

Intelligent dialogue and well mannered conversations are disappearing. It’s too bad

I would guess intelligent dialogue and well mannered conversation is a two-way street.

You don't get it by being an overly sensitive snowflake, but by the same token, you don't get it by casually tossing around the 'N' word or spouting anti-semitisms and then whining about people being overly sensitive either.

I'm not saying this because I think you fall into the latter category, Minimus, but I do think there are equal numbers of both in the world.

• minimus
    minimus

Phew, I thought you were going after me.lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit