So Many People Are Overly Emotional and Acting Crazy Spoiled!

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Youths in school have meltdowns anytime someone “offends” them. Grownups at a dinner table flip out on each other over politics. Drivers are ready to smash each other up if someone disrespects them on the road.

Intelligent dialogue and well mannered conversations are disappearing. It’s too bad.🙁

• tiki
    tiki

The world needs more kindness and compassion. And less self centered greed and the notion that one is so special he/she can't let the proverbial water roll off the ducks back.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I know you are but what am I?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

The problem is that we now frown upon "political correctness" as if it was a bad word. Really, it used to be called "RESPECT" but we switch it to political correctness because it becomes easier to switch the context and then demolish it. In return, you have people bluntly disrespecting in each other in the name of "freedom of speech" because we seem to be tired of "walking on egg shells" around each other. Did we expect the result be anything positive?

What drives me crazy is that fact that in this forum, we should all be really familiar with that bait and switch attitude. Those complaining that most about the sensitivity of other people tend to be the ones pushing the most buttons.

• minimus
    minimus

Hollywood always seems to be having a breakdown.🤢🤮🤑👿

• flipper
    flipper

" Youths in school have meltdowns anytime someone " offends " them. Grownups at a dinner table flip out on each other over politics. Drivers are ready to smash each other up if someone disrespects them on the road.

Intelligent dialogue and well mannered conversations are disappearing. It's too bad.

Yes, it IS too bad. Very sad. But this is what we as a nation get when the leader of America engages in disrespectful, ill mannered dialogues, diatribes, and " conversations " in the abusive manner that he does. Trump not only ENABLES the typical American citizen to behave this way towards others , he FOSTERS and PROMOTES verbal abuse, disrespect, and anger.

And most citizens feel empowered to display the same attitudes that their leaders do . Their view is " oh well, if the president can be an asshole, I guess it gives me permission to be one also. " I guarantee you Minimus, that many people are influenced that way, at least with the climate of aggression and hate within America now.

Until we have a leader who will show respect to our American allies across the world and respect to most American citizens- we will continue to see this pissed off attitude in people. Some people are like freaking robots on this planet. If they see someone in power abusing that power, they feel it gives them a license to do it as well. My 2 cents on your thread. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• minimus
    minimus

Flipper, my examples very certainly preceded Trump in the last two years. Why blame Trump? Perhaps a little TDS?

• flipper
    flipper

No, just being honest with my observations about people in the public these last two years. People are much more stressed out when they feel abuse of power over them. Just calling a spade a spade. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• out4good4
    out4good4
    Perhaps a little TDS?

....shades of the "diseased apostate" label

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've been reading articles that boil down to something like the OP for decades. Most of them blame somebody the author doesn't like for the problem.

Instead we all need to ask ourselves if we are part of the problem or part of the solution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit