"In a human moment before Jehovah grabbed her"

by truthseeker 26 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I often wondered how far back the witnesses had been involved with my family. My grandmother died at the end of 2013 and while going through her photos we found some of my great-grandmother, Dora, who was born in 1901 and died in 1994. There is a photo of Dora dated 1946 standing outside her house in East Riding, Yorkshire. On the back of the photo her husband had written "In a human moment before Jehovah grabbed her".

My great grandfather, who died before I was born, did not like the witnesses. And thus began a decades long involvement with the Watchtower spanning four generations.

Truthseeker

• freddo
    freddo

Wow! 1946. That is so poignant.

It could be written by any UBM down the decades, couldn't it? (Or by anyone that desperately wants his or her spouse to wake up like they did.)

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Both my great-grandparents were artists. The drawing below was made by my great-grandfather, Frank.

My great-grandmother, Dora, kept a sketchpad of her drawings. I don't recall how long she was in the truth for but she was eventually disfellowshipped, I think for smoking.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

This is a photo of my great-grandparents, Dora and Frank, dated 1935. The little girl is my grandmother Christine. She died in 2013 after a long illness but was forever talking about Jehovah and the good news of the Kingdom.

They could have had such a different life if they had never got involved with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

So many wasted lives and opportunities... sigh.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Those are lovely photos. To find out the right time when the family started involved with the WT, you might need some accurate family history.

What your great grandfather wrote in the photo may have been written at any time. It may not difficult to verify with the right documentation and tools.

• flipper
    flipper

TRUTHSEEKER- Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures of your family with us ! Your great grandfather was an astounding artist. What a wonderful sketch he drew there . Amazing.

I often wonder if my non- JW grandparents were saddened when my folks got into the Witnesses in the early 1950's. It seems your great grandfather was saddened that his wife had joined a cult. So many people have lost so many family members to this unethical WT organization. Sad. Thanks for sharing a little bit of you and your history with us. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thank you Freddo and scratchme. I will be talking to my folks about when the JWs first became involved to get an accurate picture.

Slidin, I totally agree with you. So many wasted and unhappy years.

Flipper, thank you for your kind comment. There are so many broken lives.

Truthseeker

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

"spanning four generations"

err....surely you are mistaken....only one generation overlapping...

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

ha ha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit