Has Your JW Background Benefited You In Any Way?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

It has made me very averse to being manipulated, perhaps to being slightly paranoid about it. Otherwise I wish they never existed.

I used to buy into the story that being reasonably articulate and literate compared to some other people was due to the old "Ministry School" but time has proven to me that many people gain these skills without the help of the Borg.

So really the Borg can F off as far as possible and if they F off so far that they end up back, they can F off again! Not real happy today. F the Borg!

So in answer to the OP question; I think not!!!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Becoming a J.W. put an end to my smoking which was a plus and while it didn`t put an end to my drinking habits I certainly learnt how to deal with it moderately. I consider those as a plus.

But had I joined any religion or cult as a disillusioned 19 year old as to where I was heading in my life back then it may well have had the same results .?

Who knows ?

All religions / Cults have these type of examples of changing peoples lives for the better .

It certainly does not mean they have a better "truth" than any other religion/ cult or philosophy .

And if they can all point to beneficial results from their members woudn`t that imply that God or a higher power was working through them ? That he had their blessing ?And that he is not partial but works good through all avenues ?

• stillin
    stillin

I think that believing that God knows everything helped to make honesty more of a habit for me.

• minimus
    minimus

The biggest compliment I get is ...YOU were a Jehovah’s Witness? YOU??

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Tantalon - "...the Borg can F off as far as possible and if they F off so far that they end up back, they can F off again! Not real happy today. F the Borg..."

Well gosh, Tant, don't hold back...

...tell us how you really feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit