What JWs are saying about 2016 RC on social media

by Sanchy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Since I'm only an "inactive", I still have plenty of JW friends on Facebook and Instagram. Here's a few samples of what they are posting regarding the Remain Loyal to Jehovah conventions (note some of my friends are Spanish speakers):

What an amazing fulfilling day with these people . We still look good for two ladies coughing our lungs out

Regional Convention Day 3... Such important reminders to remain Loyal in these times of the end ... ‪#‎remainloyaltojehovah‬

Prepárate con mucho tissue paper porque en el segundo día y el tercero vas a seguir llorando , que disfrutes de esa bella azamblea (My trans: Prepare to pop out the tissues on the 2nd and 3rd days, because there will be a lot of crying. Enjoy this wonderful convention)

What an amazing convention!!!! ‪#‎2016reginalconvention‬ ‪#‎remainloyaltojehovah‬ ‪#‎amazing‬

Great recognition given in this article. Just goes to show you it matters that you present yourself before Jehovah at His spiritual banquets looking sharpe, within your means. You never know who is observing, not to mention the good example you are setting. (then she posts a link to this article from 2011)

I am so looking forward to this years convention! I'm so excited. Every year I talk to my friends, family and co-workers about it. See the invitation for more information about the program and do not miss the trailers they are Awesome!

Our Regional Convention is over. It was super uplifting and ... Can't say much on FB cause some of my friends still haven't gone to theirs and I don't want to spoil it for them

Last Day of Regional Convention🙁... It was Amazing!

2nd Day of our Regional Convention was awesome! I won't say much so I don't spoil it for my friends who have not gone. You leave feeling like no matter what you are faced with in life Jehovah cares for you as an individual. He is not too busy for you and He is certainly not an absent God like some may think. He is right there with you every step of the way. We should never loose hope and we should never loose sight of His promise for our future. He promises to be loyal to us. We just have to be loyal to Him. This rejoices His heart. Wow! We mere humans have the power to rejoice the heart of the most loving and powerful being in existence, our God and Heavenly Father, Jehovah, by the actions and choices we decide to make. It was a day of reflection and a day to remember and renew our vow to serve Him loyally by ensuring that the choices we make and the actions we take are to bless him. Psalms 145:10

Today hit home hard. Very faith strengthening and I'm sure out of the 14,092 that attended I wasn't the only one who cried . ❤️ great 3 day

• Saename
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Oh my yes! It's Soooooooooooooo upbuilding and encouraging to be told and shown how to openly shun your non-JW or inactive family! Praise the Governing Body! **GAG***

• sir82
    sir82

It's the best one ever!!!! !!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TheListener
    TheListener

The majority of the comments seem so superficial

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

I've been to a lot of conventions and by far this one was the most negative. Everything was about what we should and shouldn't be doing, lots of fear and manipulation. Only Sunday afternoon did they even try to bring out any hope for the future. Really toxic stuff this year.

• jws
    jws

Now that the internet keeps so many people in touch, it seems like there is a concerted effort to keep things secret. Is this now preached from the podium?

I see one of two things.

1) This is a marketing tool. For every product or movie they want to advertise, they give you a little bit, leaving you wondering and wanting more. How many times has the local news drawn you in by something they mentioned up front. And at every break they keep saying it's coming up, "find out this or that". Then like 45 minutes later, they show the segment? They're just trained to build anticipation.

2) Nobody can tell you much about it because they, like everybody else didn't really listen. All they know is it's more of the same so they tuned out. They got the impression the speakers were trying to project, but can't really put a finger on it. So like conventions going back decades, people will come back saying how spiritually refreshing it was. Purely because that's what they convinced themselves it was. While the whole time they knew they were daydreaming through most of it.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

It was a HISTORIC Event!
    Once in a lifetime!

kinda just like every event ever.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

#bestlifeever

Gag....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Always reminds me of that old Danny Kaye song about the King's New Clothes.

Two weavers promise a King a new suit of clothes that is invisible to those who are stupid, or incompetent. When the King parades before his subjects in his new clothes, no one dares to say that they don't see any suit of clothes until a child cries out, "But he isn't wearing anything at all ! He is as naked as the day he was born! "

Apostates and those waking up are like that child, & are not afraid to say the truth about "The Truth"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit