Good News About the Covid-10 and the Watchtower Bible and Truck Society! n

by 1234 30 Replies latest jw friends

Zoom might keep them going....however it is my believe that a big percent of the "brothers" are in the religion not because of the doctrines but because of the fact that their family and friends are in it, "the band of brothers" concept.

So once they are cut off from the association and having the choice of "zooming" their meetings or turning HBO well guess what....

Good news for all the POMIs.....

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

1234 (NEW BOY):

Yes, let’s hope it’s the last days for their church!

I really hope that things don’t get very bad for the sake of everybody - but if it gets dire..the JW religion is delusional if they imagine that out-of-work, needy, scared, and possibly unhealthy people are going to contribute OR even care about listening in to televised meetings...

People are going to be preoccupied with their own survival.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They want this to be "The lasts days of the lasts...days" maybe it will be for their church!

Naa... dont hold your breath on that people have a tendency to get closer to their religions in times of peril and trouble, so this is most likely going to happen to people who are JWS as well.

The fear mongering corrupt leaders of this religion (GB) are already exploiting this virus in saying " See this is proof we are living in the last days . "

ass holes

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I have no sympathy for rank and file who did not prepare for anything. Also this go bag shit when did that happen? When I was in the cult I was told when I started to buy guns, ammo and food for long term storage that Jehovah's Witnesses do not prepare for things Jehovah will take care of us. Now they have go bags? WTF

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Sell all physical assets. Take it off shore. Become a totally on line religion, with a minimal subscription fee to access the web site, and they should be right.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JIMMY YOUNG:

The Go-Bag trend got started in recent years after hurricanes in the country. The religion was just following the sensible advice given in the media to the public.

You may have heard general advice telling people they should have at least a few weeks worth of food, bottled water and batteries, etc. especially if they know a hurricane is coming. It’s too bad people need to be told common sense things like this.

Like you, I have no sympathy for Witnesses who live on the edge and have not prepared financially for their future OR who have no common sense to prepare for things that can happen.

However, I don’t believe that ALL Witnesses are this stupid but sadly some of them are. Those are the ones who have no life skills/no education, etc...I’m glad I’m not around the JWs anymore because I would have no tolerance at this point in my life. They are somebody else’s problem.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Here in Australia the Govt .is giving out 189 Billion $$$$ so far in packages to keep the economy still going and one of the things that got me thinking of the JW/WT was that some of this would be going to "Not for profit organizations"

I can just see the WTB&TS putting their hand out for this benefit ,I hope they dont get it.

Maybe someone else can fill in the details.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think they will expect people to donate using their credit cards. Go into debt to donate to this cancer. Not to mention, I wonder how many are going to attempt to continue boasting sessions and field circus as if nothing was out of the ordinary. At least when they had the Kool Aid party, it was only the cult members and not the whole community that was affected.

Going against common sense is a way of life for the jokehovians. When in a pandemic, go from door to door spreading it. Many of them are older than 60 AND have one or more other conditions making them more vulnerable to severe or critical coronavirus instead of a "Oh wow, that didn't even hurt" or "Oh wow, what are you trying to do, tickle me" case. Most of them are quite out of shape, most are sleep deprived, most have terrible diets--most are in even worse condition than someone that smokes! (Which I would not recommend doing that, either.)

Common sense dictates preparing for a time where groceries are not accessible. Whether for a quarantine, supply disruptions, or both, they are now saying a 2 week supply is mandatory (and I feel that is nowhere near enough). How many jokehovians are doing that? How many have enough food for 2 weeks? Let alone vitamins, cleaning supplies, and having contingency for a decent variety (which I am working on, thanks to product limits and stockouts on various items). You certainly cannot count on going to Walmart (and that is one of the worst places to go, at that) to get some more bread and milk at this time.

And, whatever anyone does, common sense says absolutely no donations. I mean none. Not even one lousy penny. Not cash, not checks (aside those Void Checks if you can find them online), not electronic, not gifts. No nothing. Do not attend the Coronavirus Hall, unless you are serious about wanting to get the disease and make it even worse than it already has to be. No defying the law just to go out and spread this virus through the territory. Hey, if I have even suspended buying silver until I am totally sure I won't need the money for rent and other expenses, why should they continue donating money for nothing, when they are likely to need it themselves?

"Like you, I have no sympathy for Witnesses who live on the edge and have not prepared financially for their future"

I have a lot of sympathy for the Witnesses. Why because I was one of those delusional people. They are us. Yes, they "haven't got it yet." I feel sorry for them because I was one of them.

When this thing finally moves off the planet a lot things will be be different hopeful, the whole "us and them" thing will be one of them. That people will draw closer together no matter what there religious back round.

• Magnum
    Magnum

"They are us" - 1234 (New Boy), I agree with you most of the time, but I respectfully disagree about this. I'm with Jimmy Young; I have no sympathy. JWdom is far different today from what it was when a lot of us were in.

The evidence that JWdom is wrong and not what it claims to be is obvious and readily available today. It was not a few years ago. JWdom used to be bolder and more dignified and deeper and more scholarly. It is weak and embarrassing today. The GB used to be more in the background. Now, the Great Leaders are public buffoons. A lot of JWs in the past were smart, strong, stable people. I believe most of them left. To me, those who are JWs today for the most part deserve what they get.

I have tried reasoning with them, and have been called "weak", "bitter", "mean", "mixed up", etc. They want to go out and tell everybody else how wrong they are, but they won't consider evidence against themselves.

I do not consider them to be like I was/am at all. JWs today are not honest and hungry for truth.

(apology since this is off topic)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit