13th Dec 2017

by zeb 17 Replies latest social current

• freddo
    freddo

Useful response ...?

I reckon it's a phishing email and the first part of a scam.

• pbrow
    pbrow

phishing would be my guess.

I got an email about a turkish princess that is in big trouble.... I am rushing out to buy apple itune gift cards at target right now!

pbrow

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Spam

First step? DELETE

Second step? DELETE

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    He is talking about the removal of cash etc Now if this is half way correct where does it leave the money machine of the WT?

Maybe that's why I keep getting all this ridiculous junk mail. People do believe all that nonsense they get.

ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU TO GET YOUR MONEY OR GIVE THEM MONEY IS TRYING TO SCAM YOU.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    zeb: He is talking about the removal of cash etc

Hi zeb, my guess is that this guy wants to 'sell' you some financial advice.

As far as the removal of cash is concerned, my guess on that statement, is that this "adviser" is talking about what some call the 'cashless revolution.'

That is instead of leaving home with a wallet with some notes in it, you just leave home with your smart phone, and that will have an app with access to some form of monetary value (likely credit or debit cards and you will pay for any purchases of goods/services with a wave of your smart phone.

Its supposed to be the coming BIG thing, and will get governments out of the onerous printing of millions of notes.

Quote: "If predictions by the experts ring true, the days of paying with cash and coins could soon be a thing of the past. In fact, a report by Westpac shows a cashless society could be as near as 2022."
    Link: https://mozo.com.au/credit-cards/guides/mobile-payments-a-guide-to-paying-with-your-smartphone

Its very popular in China, as this report in Forbes magazine shows:

No cash? Your smartphone will do nicely. Chinese consumers used to spending their hard-earned cash on technology are increasingly relying on a tech solution to pay for just about anything, from breakfast to booking a vacation.
    And the volume of smartphone payments has exploded, reaching a staggering $1.85 trillion last year, says Beijing-based Analysys International. Payment apps from Alibaba-affiliate Ant Financial and Tencent's Tenpay are leading the charge.
    Link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ywang/2017/05/15/your-mobile-money-surviving-a-day-in-china-without-cash-or-cards/#425054f17626

Its also said to be a growing trend in India, where the Indian goverrnment recently botched a currency change and left the nation with a shortage of cash. See this CNN report that covers India's hassles:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/04/news/india/india-cash-crisis-rupee/index.html

And me, I'm planning on hanging on to my paper money as long as I can. I am innately suspicious of the technology, given the difficulties I've had with computer viruses. (grin)

So in regard to the question in your post:

Quote: "Now if this is half way correct where does it leave the money machine of the WT?"

If the concept of a cashless society takes off, I think the WTS will welcome it, wave your smart phone over the contribs box and your donation will go straight into their bank account, no more having to count the donations, and no worries about sticky fingers or security. No doubt YHWH and his JESUS sidelick are busy organising the whole deal.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I'm uncertain this relates precisely to the situation highlighted above; however, in the last month I have received two emails, each ostensibly from two different US-based financial institutions. Each bank informed me of several thousand dollars held in "your account." I was asked to provide required information in order to have funds transferred.

Giveaway? Bad grammar, misspelled words, cheesy formatting, etc.

DO NOT CLICK ONTO LINKS! DELETE!

• LV101
    LV101

Smartphone Apple Pay is great and very convenient. It's connected to a bank or brokerage firm of your choice and you just click on your screen. No problems in past 3 yrs and I don't have to carry any credit cards around.

• zeb
    zeb

sorry no links I deleted it. Thanks all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit