What's for dinner?

by sunshineToo 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

How do you decide what to have for dinner? This is a problem for me. I've already cooked with beef, pork, chicken, tofu, and salmon last a few days. And now what? My husband doesn't want to have any of the above since he had them recently. Now I'm thinking of making eggplant parmasan and maybe baked glazed ham for the weekend. Now I have to think of what to do on Friday and the next week!!!

I need to get more ideas. So what are you having for dinner tonight?

By the way my husband doesn't like seafood except for salmon. But since he had it recently, he doesn't want it.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

We generally check the weekly flyer from the supermarket to see what's on special for the week, and plan meals around that. But then, if I like something I don't generally get tired of it too soon. I had chili tonight.

Walter

• gambit
    gambit

Salad... with everything in it...

Followed with fresh fruit and whipped cream... Guaranteed to satisfy.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Ahah! Chili sounds good. I can use my slowcooker so that it'll be ready when I'm done teaching at night.

Thanks for the idea!

Tonight I'm making Udon (Japanese noodle soup) with shitake mushroom and fried tofu and Korean style short ribs which will be served with rice. We can have Udon for dinner tonight and my husband can take the ribs and rice for lunch tomorrow. Thur. and Fri. are busy days for me. Maybe I'll make chili tomorrow instead of Grilled Eggplant parmasan.

• berylblue
    berylblue

My partner cooks. Tonight we had barbecued steaks; for dessert, we had a homemade raspberry pie. He picked the wild raspberries himself.

I am spoiled in many ways (for the first time in my life). Anyway, I can't cook.

• shamus
    shamus

We had "oven steak", potatoes, and yada yada yada....

That's what happens when you cook in a care home.....

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I roasted a chicken (I love me some yard bird). I prepared it with a mustard sauce. I took regular mustard, added a chili paste that my neighbor from Guam gave me, sazon (a hispanic spice) salt, peper, and adobo. I coated the skin of the bird with this and cooked it at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours. We had potatos and mixed veggies with it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This is too tempting to pass up

Buy the cookbook Food at the Proper Time

It has plenty of great recipes

• rem
    rem

LOL, just went deep sea fishing so GF and I have been eating salmon for the past three days!!! No more after this. Got the last one in the oven right now.

rem

• acsot
    acsot

Okay, this happened once before and I'm telling y'all now - STOP IT!

Last time it was American Thanksgiving and it seemed as though the whole board was cooking up everything under the sun and it all seemed sooooooo good and there I was, stuck at work with a sandwich for my lunch.

Now it's 10:30 p.m. and I've got to get to bed, and now all I can do is think if food!

STOP IT! CEASE AND DESIST! No more talk about food when I can't have any of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit