Worldly people

by Akid48 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Akid48
    Akid48

As i have come to see i have WAY more friends at school than my kingdom Hall but if i get asked about school and i say something about my friends or ask to hang out with my friends to my aunt she gives me a talk about not to like worldly people to much.

For example i ask to go to my friends house (that is a girl)i have known her from 1st grade and my aunt gets mad at me saying what if she says i raped her or something but she lets me go BY MY SELF with brothers to hang out if i want but theres a chance i will get raped there to.

read my other posts to understand my story

Akid69

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Substitute the word "black" or "white" or "Asian" or whatever for "worldly" and your aunt would think that's messed up, but she's just prejudiced for different reasons. It's ugly, isn't it? The people I've met on the outside are FAR better than those on the inside.

As an aside, a girl at my Hall growing up was pregnant. She claimed that a Hispanic raped her to the elders, who then pretty much told everyone in the congregation so we knew what was up when the baby bump showed. Because, of course, that was everyone's business.

Anyway, she's now married to him with several kiddos. Turns out she was secretly dating the guy and cried rape to stay in the organization. She was eventually disfellowshipped but she came back to the cult.

So yeah, those with glass houses and all of that.

• Akid48
    Akid48

@Dubstepped

all i can say to that is wow just wow

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I have always hated how the Witlesses use the term "worldly" which always implies something negative. The Bible clearly states that "God loved the world so much that he gave his only begotten son." If Jehovah loves worldly people there is no reason why we shouldn't.

Sour Grapes

• Akid48
    Akid48

@sour Grapes thats why im getting mad

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

My advice is that you keep a close eye on your aunt and that you don't believe a thing she might say concerning your friends. People like her have no scruples when it comes to 'protecting' their kids from 'bad associations'; she will lie to you and your friends - will say absolutely anything - to sabotage your relationships! Don't allow your warm, filial feelings to cloud your judgment on this matter. Don't look upon her as a family member. Instead, see her for the snake she is. JWs can never be trusted because their loyalty to the Watchtower will always trump any compassion, rationality or sense of honor which they might retain.

I speak from experience.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

If you have to do a "school project" together you will have to be able to see each other. That is of course if you have classes together. I know some young ones will face time their school friends and help each other with home work etc.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Akid48 My mother is the EXACT SAME toward worldly people. Disgusting, worst-case scenario generalizations. If I have a coffee at the mall with my toddler and the lady next to me strikes up a conversation about her grandson (for example), I'll happily engage. Now if I relay this pleasant chat to my mother, she'll GUARANTEED berate me for being so "stupid" to talk to a worldly stranger. "What if she's psycho? She could kidnap your son! People are sick! She could have followed you home and done something to you!" I promise you I'm not even exaggerating. I'd say I saw an old colleague while out and about and caught up about the company and how things are back at the office, and my mother would literally dry-retch, making a puking sound to express her disgust for me even acknowledging a worldly person on a social basis. She's a terrible, judgmental human being and I have her decades of WT brainwashing against worldly folks to thank.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

This them and us mentality is disgusting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Speaking from a very religious Christian point of view, they are correct that there are dangers of isolating yourself with a girl. But it's not really accusations of rape- it's the probability that you will violate the religion's rules and do something quite normal with the girl, or at least start down the path of having a normal relationship.

JW's often just try to put a stop at step 1 to such things.

Do yourself some favors while you are working out what to do as a teen trapped by family beliefs: Don't volunteer everything you think and do to your JW family. Find a way to keep it quiet if it will cause problems.
    And don't get anyone pregnant. That's huge. I won't try to say "Don't fall in love" or "Don't let passion get in your way in life" because these are normal teen things. You probably won't wind up in a lifelong relationship with your first crush, but don't let a little baby derail you and someone else from higher education, better opportunities in life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit