This thread is for proof that God exists

by juandefiero 375 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't mind dislikes..........it's proof I've rattled someone enough to re-act.

I got a dislike too. Hey hey heyyyyyyyyyy, is it happening, people!!!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Punk, a dislike from the rebel. Hope you " don't mind" :-)

The Rebel.

• talesin
    talesin
    don't mind dislikes..........it's proof I've rattled someone enough to re-act.
    I got a dislike too. Hey hey heyyyyyyyyyy, is it happening, people!!

Me, too. :P

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

However as to the O.P " This thread is for proof that God exists" well that's just an opinion that can't be proven either way.

The Rebel.

• talesin
    talesin
    Ugh...I should've known better than to start this thread..

Are you really surprised? That sounds a tad disingenuous to this poster, after reading your posts on the subject for the past while.

Oh well. Benefit of the doubt rules with me, so yeah, it sucks, hey? Now you know what happens when you ask a provocative question. They need to be thought-out and well-placed, to spark a meaningful debate instead of the usual, and rather boring, display of one-upmanship. xx tal

• Mephis
    Mephis
    • Memphis that's so cool you got a class with Tallis. He seems a very thoughtful guy. I knew he was against post structuralism too but you can't win them all. I think he very much has got "a point with the brain" and he's not the only one pointing out that brain reductionism is nonsense when you really examine it.

The problem is that the point he does have is (yet again) pretty much understood by those doing the actual work. He's taking aim at popular misconceptions or misrepresentations and then pushing them onto other things. No consciousness is not the same as the brain. Anyone with even a passing acquaintance of the subject knows this. Still Tallis girds up to tilt at the next set of windmills, because even the idea that measurable brain activity impacts upon consciousness is anathema. It's a bit tedious really.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Reb. You made me smile. Thanks. I carry so much pain that you have no idea what good thatvsid

• Alive!
    Alive!

Hey Punky - gentle hugs to you dear.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I believe that there is a objective reality and there are truths to be learned about that reality.

That is my position.

I believe that reality means everything that exists and its nature and dynamics. I believe that truth involves proof or establishing something as something fact.

I view the working universe from the position that it can be measured and that scientist understand the science of the universe more than most people. I believe that there is a difference between scientific realism and reality.That difference is that science does not explain reality but only scientific realism which involves the mechanics and dynamics of the universe and how it was formed and reality involves something more and why the universe was formed and human conduct and morality.

I have used the term "physical" universe because I am convinced in the existence of Jehovah. I have concluded that Jehovah has shown in the past that he is a reality. I also conclude that He should give people proof at present so that people know empirically that He is as real as a rock, not just some mythological unicorn that cannot be logicaly unproven, but striking proof, conclusive, unambiguous, unequivocal, solid, indisputable evidence so that people may know once and for all that he is real. I would be convinced with such proof, how about you.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Yet I need faith to believe in god? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You did not hear that from JW.

Faith is based on evidence. Without evidence to put your faith in, faith does not make sense Let me give you an example of what faith is. Lets say God gave you solid evidence that he exists. Who would be able to prove to you that he doesn't exist- and with what. You would laugh at facts attempting to prove that God does not exist.

But since evidence from God is of a personal nature for you, you realize that the purpose of the evidence is for you alone meant to help you, Really it would give you peace of mind knowing that there is real hope andthat is all a person needs -to have peace of mind, and knowing for a fact that God exists will help a person that loves God

But here is where faith comes in. You have the proof but not the relief from God you expected . Now what? You need to have faith that there is good reason for God not to give you the relief you need so much. God does not give you all the answers either, just enough to know that he exists and more.

But there is more, you start to realize things you did not realize before and your entire mind frame changes, you view reality from a different position, and you feel comfort, your depression does not go away but you have a measure of joy that gives you the strength you need you hang on. But years go by and the relief you want does not come but God does not leave you and the evidence of his existence to you becomes so unremarkable and so commonplace that nothing would surprise you. But no relief for you and years pass by and you want and need relief.;after all you are human and you have physical and emotional needs. And you are not shielded either, you still suffer and have problems.

Now, the problem no longer is that you have no proof that God exists and therefore you have evidence to have faith that God will give you relief. The problem is that you have not relief. What happens to some people is that they forget about God- believe it or not, and they the stop believing that God- exists believe it or not, they loose faith and they just do what they want to do -and other things too.

Other people do not loose faith, they do not give up and continue see very clearly that God exist in spite of God not giving them the relief they want after waiting for years and years and years. They do not need anymore evidence that God exists. They know God is real, the problem they have is they want relief.

And that is what faith in God is all about. Not proof of his existence but rather, not giving up on God.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit