My Refurbished Web Page

by NeonMadman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I know that many here are no longer believers, but I also know that there are still some participating in this forum who consider themselves Christians. I recently refurbished my web site extensively, and thought some of you might enjoy browsing it. Some of my articles are aimed at exposing unbiblical teachings of the Watchtower, and my video presentations on "Darkness in the Watchtower" and "The Watchtower's Mad Science and Bad Medicine" have been particularly well received. Hope you enjoy it!

Dispel the Darkness Ministries

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Very good Tom. I'm going to read it all this evening

• DJS
    DJS

Isn't it just great to have BFFs?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Watching those videos makes me realize just how good the standard Kingdom Hall adjustable rostrum lecterns are.

If the rostrum is that low, you need a glass teleprompter:

https://www.videouniversity.com/shop/presidential-speech-teleprompter/

Personally I'm not a fan of the solid style lecterns anyway either - but especially when they're not wide enough - doesn't really do anything for the speaker.

Go for a slim solid version where you can easily see the speakers body width, or a wide solid lectern that easily hides the speakers body width.

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

• Crabby
    Crabby

Neon, congratulations, but may I ask what you do believe now? I mean what you were before you saw the light and felt it's warmth is dead and gone. So tell us, did Jesus die on the cross?

Best wishes

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Crabby, you can pretty much find out whatever you want to know about my current beliefs if you check out my web page. There's even a specific "Statement of Personal Beliefs" under the "About Us" tab. But yes, I do believe that Jesus died on the cross.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Darkspliver, are you saying the speaker is too wide for the rostrum?

In any event, I had no control over the nature of the rostrum. The video talks were given at a retreat center, and that is what they had at the time. I think they have a better one now, since the place burned down several years ago and has since been rebuilt.

• Crabby
    Crabby
    Jesus welcomes you home, and he missed you while you were gone.
  • Landy
    Landy

Snipped from the website

He also holds the Bachelor of Science degree in Biblical Studies from Moody Bible Institute of Chicago, IL, having graduated with Highest Honors

Slightly OT but a BS degree in biblical studies seems a bit weird. I realise works that are fictional sometimes have their place in an arts degree, shakespere in an english degree for example, but you wouldn't do a degree in shakespere as such.

Do the lecturers on the degree treat the bible as tbe word of god and put their own interpretation on it or do they treat it as purely a historical text?

It just seems bizarre to do a degree in the 'bible'.

Edit - it's actually a BA which makes more sense than a BS - not exactly a science is it!

You're a naughty boy Tom - I would have thought studying the bible would have taught you to be a bit more honest. ;)

http://www.moody.edu/bible/ba-biblical-studies/

• Landy
    Landy

Well bugger me - there is a distance learning BS in biblical studies from the same place - sorry Tom.

http://www.moody.edu/distance-learning/bs-biblical-studies/

Do they do BS in Peter Pan as well?

HTF can you do a science degree in religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit