Blood Componenets Are The Issue

by Lee Elder 15 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Whynot
    Whynot

JWs are extremely ignorant when it comes to blood. I still feel like I have so much to learn. My hemotologist opened my eyes to how ridiculous my stance was on blood transfusions. He was very kind, and understanding but he explained things to me that made me stop and question everything that I had read from the governing body. It was very, very hard for me to do the research since I felt like I was betraying the organization. At the time, I was still very much in and active. It's crazy how the GB pushes and enphasizes this doctrine. It shouldn't be allowed.

• fukitol
    fukitol

What's a componenet?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Lee Elder - "...Ultimately, what seems to be a primary driver for the organization is protecting the belief that they are God's channel. That they have divine authority, and special knowledge and authority. It follows, naturally, that anything that could cast doubt on this must opposed, hidden or ignored..."

This.

Know why?

'Cause by the Org's own stated standards, if it's not "God's channel", they are morally obligated to leave.

And for those selfsame individuals, that prospect terrifies them.

Know how I know?

'Cause that was me.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Fink - "This is what happens when men self proclaim themselves guided by God and their decisions are therefore spiritually directed..."

...and then surround themselves solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with them.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Many members here including myself were hoping that by now the entire blood doctrine would have become a personal conscience matter. Sadly, it appears that this will never happen.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    were hoping that by now the entire blood doctrine would have become a personal conscience matter

They can't can they because of all the children, pregnant mothers and many more that have already died. How can you tell people who've lost kids because they did what the cult said that now it's not a divine command!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit