Is it morally wrong to put Watchtower behind?

by Darkknight757 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

You've cut the cord - now have a great life and don't look back. So happy for you both!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Don't look back....and have a merry Christmas.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Thank you for the reassurance. I don't know where we would be without this board and you members..?? Probably still stuck in that nefarious, soul sucking religion. Either way thank you all for the help over the past year. It's about time to take your advice and move on.

I didn't get a chance to know many of you but I wish you all the best in life. Hopefully soon we will see Watchtower's end. Until then, live the best you can cause life is too short to be miserable. Drive fast and take chances. Drink lots of stuff and eat well. 🤗🤗🤗

• prologos
    prologos

-- behind? no, It is not morally wrong, but using the roll is feels softer. even if you try back issues.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

As has well been said by many here on the forum over the years:

"THE BEST REVENGE IS TO LIVE A HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL LIFE"

• Fernando
    Fernando

From a SBNR (Spiritual But Not Religious) believer's perspective:

When the ruling religious clergy class' and their followers' spiritual confusion, inebriation, blindness and insanity is willful:

"Let them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.” (Matthew 15:14)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Dark knight, move on and be glad you have your wife along with you. This board has been a great support. I probably still come here because I see stories of older JWs leaving WT and it gives me hope that my 73 yr old JW mom will leave it behind.

For me, I cannot take on the role of ex JW activist. If someone comes to me, knowing my exit story, and asks for my help, I will. Once my mom either leaves the cult, dead or alive, I'm done too

Enjoy your freedom.

Snakes

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Please move on and enjoy life with each other, take care of your wife and be rid of the guilt trippers of WT. The elders who tried to "help you" seem to be mentally unstable, you need no more toxic "help" from them. Christmas here so get into de stress mode and enjoy. Sincere Best Wishes, done that, now wearing the tshirt and not missing the thought Police one scrap.

• freddo
    freddo

Move on from them but stay here to help others who will benefit from your experience and input. Best wishes to you and Mrs. Dark Knight ...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's not only not wrong to leave the Watchtower behind its probably the only realistic route open to you.You might think that it's possible to help others get out, but the reality is that in the vast majority of cases it's not possible. It's the nature of cults that people will not leave until they are ready no matter what information you share with them, so walk away in good conscience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit