Poetry and Healing

by gambit 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

nowisee -- I'm sure I will be analyzing my marriage, and my part of it's demise, for many years to come

Gambit, that subject is the topic of some of my poems too. Whereas I think that I will never understand completely the events in my marriage that led to my recent divorce, the poetry helps me to cope.

Keep up the good work.

Robyn

• jgnat
    jgnat

There once was a woman, see..
    Who could write and paint and climb a tree
    Her writing lyrical,
    perspective spiritual
    She still can’t rhyme worth a pennie

• gambit
    gambit

jgnat... I love it... You've got what it takes !!! I had to dig deep into the archives to find a reply, cuz I just can't think that fast... This one's for you j... It comes packaged with a couple of special gifts....

To a fair maiden With delight and joy I bring to you this bottle of potion *** Bottle of sage & lavendar bath oil **

Along with its toxin Of splendor and peace I bring to you this bottle of lotion *** Bottle of sandlewood & rose lotion **

Your beauty within Will forever remain And beauty without You would be the same

Your humble servant

...... well, thats what it said.... I just left it in .....

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

well I ain't a poet and I don't care who knows it
    but I I have to say, I liked that one very much gambit.
    I wonder if it's because one of my most vivid memories of childhood (5 yrs) was standing in the front yard on a bright & sunny Calif. spring day and this white butterfly was flying all around me. That's a memory that I'll always have because it's sort of recreated every spring

• jgnat
    jgnat

Now I am just blushing furiously. What a lovely poem. Do you think my honey would notice if I put that poem in my "memory box"?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Do you think my honey would notice if I put that poem in my "memory box"?

No sweetheart I wouldnt notice, I have no access to your memory box

gambit, I wrote quite a depressing little ditty here

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/47677/1.ashx

Its not a poem but I got jiggy with the lyrics and depressed myself immensely. Then I depressed everyone else by posting it because I wanted to. Spiteful arnt I.

Brummie

• gambit
    gambit

Im really bleeding tonight...

Brummie... very touching ! Depressing yes, but those are some really healing words. And you didn't appear to depress anyone at all) Opaque ! I've been down that road alot. I am still so far from touching my real feelings about everything that my poetry seems esoteric in comparison to what you wrote. This is as far as I ever got with the theme of your poem...

Emotions are nothing more than opaque thoughts...

That's it... didn't make much sense, but I realized I was way out of touch when that one came out...

j -- your honey obviously has it in him... cool !

Robyn -- are you willing to share any of your poetry?

gambit

• jgnat
    jgnat

Now the rumor is I have honey-dipped Brummie in my bed! Brummie, you are a naughty kitty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit