Which is worse according to the GB: Child Abuse or Apostasy??

by stuckinarut2 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

You're comparing not believing in them with sexual assault of minors. You tell me, what does that look like?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Data, I suspect Rainbow Troll was giving the "spin answer" you could hear from high ranking JWs. From his earlier posts, I think it's evident he doesn't have that view personally.

• blondie
    blondie

Without reading everything....

The WTS thinks.............apostasy invades their authority

The WTS thinks.............child sexual abuse invades others, children who don't count, no authority, no money, no influence

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Data-Dog, I do not condone child molestation and I myself am an apostate. I was merely explaining things from the perspective of a brainwashed JW so people would understand the logic (or is that illogic) of the GB's position.

If you want back in the bOrg you have to repent of your sin; the severity of the sin is totally irrelevant to JWs. Child molestors are a lot more likely to repent (or pretend to repent) than apostates because they aren't opposing the GB on any kind of principle, they just got caught doing something they knew they shouldn't be doing. Consequently, child molestors (assuming they are even caught in the first place) receive a slap on the wrist before being welcomed back with open arms, while apostates get shunned forever even though they are much better people by nearly any conceivable moral or ethical standard.

Also, I enjoy comparing myself with Satan. It makes me feel like a real bad ass. There are many times I have wished that the Christian BS (belief system) were true so I could join Satan and devote my life to 'evil'.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Actually, just skip the trial!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Rainbow Troll,

Thank Enki that you were being facetious......

DD

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINARUT:

Apostate, apostate! How they love to throw that word around. Somebody who leaves their phony religion is certainly worse than a child molestor in their eyes.

Children and women are there to be exploited. You should tolerate any garbage that is happening to you. If a man does something wrong, that's okay as long as he doesn't piss off the wrong people.

The word apostate never scared me when I was a JW. I remember leaving a summer district convention where picketers were outside and an older sister in our group pointed and said: "Look apostates!" [gasp] like a monster in a science fiction movie. So stupid I thought to myself and wondered what they were all about.

Now I know.

The Witness religion does not want to lose members. To them leaving is a worse sin.

• waton
    waton

Child abuse is an universal problem, even in olympic coaching, apostasy from wt is an undoing of the wt indoctrinated mindset, the greatest threat to the universal sovereignty issue, aka gb authority

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Which is worse according to the GB: Child Abuse or Apostasy?? - there's an easy way to determine this.

Simply find out which of the two subjects the GB obsesses over and puts into print the most.

I think we all know which one the GB thinks is worse.

Child abuse is an universal problem - this is true but different organisations deal with this problem in different ways.

Funny, isn't it, that back in the 1950s or 60s, when the Catholic Church had serious problems with child abuse, the WT didn't fall back on "child abuse is a universal problem". The WT trumpeted the Church's problem and condemned it in the most outspoken of terms.

When the shoe is on the other foot, however ...

*crickets*

Hypocritical bastards!

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

LUHE

Exactly, castigate others but then use universality of the problem as a cover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit