Letter To My Mother

by pale.emperor 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

Your need to explain yourself to your mother stands out as does your need to say "Goodbye". Perhaps there is a tiny part of you that hopes she will understand you better and even write back?

You are brave to send the letter and it would be a humble mother who would read it in its entirety and an even humbler one who would reply. Please keep us posted!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@OP

Just my two cents but the letter doesn't come across as saying " Hey from now on, I'm going to shun you because that's the right thing to do". Instead it seems to say something like " The way you shun me is wrong, but I will make it easier for you going forward"

If you really want to take it up a notch, why don't you say that as a follower of Jehoover, you have come to realize that the Washtowell is not doing God's will, and so based on the bible, you now consider the Watchtower part of Babylon the great, and that since your mother is part of the world, you don't feel right associating with it. Also tell her that as soon as she returns to Jehoover by leaving her evil organization, you will welcome her back.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well written.

In addition to the good suggestions others have made, I would also add:

"as revelation clearly states, we are to 'get out from amongst them, and quit touching the unclean things, for their sins have massed clear to heaven', hence I am following the bibles advice to remove myself from an organization that is against god"

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great job PE. Well written. You are correct, it isn't very pleasant when the shoe is on the other foot. It's sad how WT has broken up so many families and continues doing so. As painful as that letter must have been for you to write, it had to be done.

• dbq407
    dbq407

Hopefully it'll strike a nerve. Let us know if she responds back.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Good job. There is a little confusion in the verbiage here that probably resulted from cutting/pasting "And if that’s you’re sincere believe I’ll respect that." but the letter is kind and respectful, while at the same time heavy as a hammer; Good on you!

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hey PE. Though I know this letter must have been painful to write. But who knows where it could lead. Perhaps this will wake your mother up. Sadly after that despicable video at the convention, your mother will likely still stick to her guns re shunning, but at least you have shown her just what it feels like to receive such a letter. All the best to you and your daughter. TE

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It has struck me that as parents age and require the assistance of their children, they may find themselves very much alone because of shunning their children!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I'm just curious if the org really wants the elderly ones shunning their faded children. Who will the work fall onto in shuttling them to medical appointments, care of the home, final housing? They'd better think this through!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINARUT and VIRGOCHIK:

I agree with you. I don't think the idiot religion thought this one out.

Yes, the elderly parent WILL be alone and they are going to have to depend on the "friends" in the hall (who will be saying "let their family do it").

There is also the issue of being disinherited and getting no money from the Witness parent. If it were MY parents who disinherited me, I'd tell them to kiss my a$$ and go ask the religion to help them. There is a price to be paid for this stand. They can't have it both ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit