Letter To My Mother

by pale.emperor 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Seeing as im being shunned by my family and friends. I've decided to turn the tables and shun them back - but using the same methodology and reasoning they use on me. I've written the following letter:

Dear mum

This will be the last time you hear from me. Since being disfellowshipped I’ve taken the advice of elders and Watchtower publications and studied the bible to draw close to Jehovah. I now know that I am close to Jehovah. More so than I’ve ever been. However, from my studies it is clear to me that we must stick to Gods word rather than mans.

It’s very clear to me that the love you have for me is conditional on the basis that I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. But be assured that the love I have for you in unconditional. That won’t change. But at the same time my love is wasted because you are commanded to hate me (Watchtower 1961 Jul 15 p.420).

Please be assured that I worship Jehovah. I approach him through his son Jesus Christ and study His word the bible daily. Jesus words take precedence over what any man or organization tells me, I hope you can understand that. (Matthew 5:44)

As such I will no longer try to contact you, and will no longer allow <my daughter> to see you. Nor any other children I may have. <my daughter> asks about you a lot and she likes to see photo’s of you and <my step-brother> (there’s one in her room that she kisses). But to save her the emotional burden I have removed any photos of you. And when she asks I have started to tell her that you’re not allowed to see us anymore.

I understand you do this because you think it’s what God wants. And if that’s you’re sincere believe I’ll respect that. But it’s my sincere belief that shunning to the extent that the WT society demands is unscriptural.

Please also read Watchtower 1977 Jun 1 p.347 in which you’re also admonished not to attend my funeral if I die. I may as well tell you now that I’ve had two cancer scares in the past 3 years. The last one being only 3 months ago (<my ex-wife> will confirm that if you ask her) when I had to get a full medical. At the moment they don’t think I have prostate cancer but I do believe I will have it one day seeing as my dad and grandad did.

I thank you for raising me and looking after me as a child and in a way I’m glad that growing up I didn’t have a mother-son relationship with you like my brothers and sisters had. Otherwise it would have made me cutting off contact with you a lot harder. As I raise <my daughter> alone I will show her unconditional love despite what beliefs she has, despite what she does and even if she doesn’t love me back. I cant help but love her, and would gladly die in Armageddon than shun her. I hope you understand that.

This hasn’t been an easy letter to write. Please understand that I follow Gods word, not mans. And I question any organization that claims to be God’s that would use emotional blackmail to this extent.

Your son

<Pale.Emperor> x

Not nice when it's done back is it? Not nice when someone uses emotions as leverage. Maybe she'll know what it's like every day for me for the rest of my life.

• zeb
    zeb

Touche!

Perhaps those with wt 'mothers' who are ever keen to quote the wt 'party-line' might take courage.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

This will end up in a yearbook or watchtower.

$12) Them dirty apostates even refuse to honor their parents, keeping sweet old grandmothers from even seeing their grandchildren! Clearly these people are under Stans control.

• tiki
    tiki

Excellent!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Reverse shunning reserved for the most rotten/evil:

"In the light of your militant disobeying of the truth of the good news I never want to hear from or about you again"

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

I expected something totally different when I read 'shun back'...I thought it would be something like this:

Dear mother,

because the bible tells us 'To quit being in company with anyone called a brother that is... A greedy person or an idolater or... Etc.etc.' I can't be in company of anyone related to WT society anymore.

(and then telling every detail of the wrongdoings of WT society...) and ending with something: so you see, If I want to serve Jehovah/be a christian with a clear conscience, I have to shun you and everyone else that is JW. And I cannot let my daughter see you, because she might be affected too by everything going on in JW land.

Of course I will always love you. So whenever you are ready to see the truth and come back to Jehovah instead of following people, you are welcome."

But your letter is very clear and humble.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You could throw in the quote from the 1947 WT that says excommunication is not supported in the Bible.

Doc

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

Great letter. Everything in it makes perfect sense and you've presented the facts with proof. I read how disgracefully your mother acted towards you, on your previous post, so she deserves this letter. She deserves worse, imo, but good for you for remaining civil and polite despite her nastiness.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

And throw in the quote from July 09 Awake about no one should be forced to choose between their family or religion. 😕

• Saename
    Saename

Rather Be the Hammer, that's what I expected as well! Maybe next time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit