Besides Everlasting Life What Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Offer To Anyone?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have been thinking... why would anyone want to join the religion or actually stay in the Organization. I understand that people don’t want to lose their loving family and dear friends so some stay in. But what does anyone really ever get because they are Jehovah’s Witnesses??

There is extreme stress to coexist within the congregation. You can’t do anything for fear you might “stumble “ somebody. You can’t go to college. You can’t enjoy a birthday celebration.....you get the picture.

• minimus
    minimus

Oh yeah, and after 100 years, no one has had any semblance of everlasting life. Sounds like a sham to me!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

Actually, JWs cannot give anybody ‘everlasting life’...So, they don’t actually offer anything if anybody really analyzes it 😉.

What they are saying is that maybe the creator will.

• minimus
    minimus

No they are saying if you join their religion, you will inherit the earth and receive everlasting life under God’s kingdom. If you stick with the Witnesses which Jehovah God is using, you will be rewarded with everlasting life. ( no you won’t).

• Simon
    Simon

They only offer the promise of everlasting life, that is a long way short of actually getting it.

If I say I'm willing to offer the potential of being given $1m to anyone (small print: money is not guaranteed and no timescale is expressed or implied), how valuable is that exactly? Have you actually been offered anything at all?

The other promise is "see your dead loved ones brought back". Again, promises are easy, no one has yet to collection on it.

• Farqueue
    Farqueue

How anyone can believe in the garbage in the babble, let alone jovie horse shit, is beyond me.

The possibility of being surrounded by a bunch of sycophantic twats in heaven, for eternity, is not only laughable, it's a frightening thought and, to me, is my idea of hell.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

far Q

The possibility of being surrounded by a bunch of sycophantic twats in heaven, for eternity, is not only laughable, it's a frightening thought and, to me, is my idea of hell.

no--on earth., but apart from that minor detail--you're right.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

And the good news is after 1,000 years Satan is let go so that people can start all over and once again to prove they are loyal to the borg. I wonder for how many decades during this time will there be disloyal JDubs wrecking havoc and causing doubts until they and Satan are destroyed after the 1,000 years.

I can't even imagine being under the control of the Prince elders during that time being told what to do, where to live, and what my job will be. Not everyone can where nice clothes while romping thru the woods having baskets full of fruit and veggies laying around.

Who is going to pick up all of the elephant, lion, horse shit that will be ever where? Who is going to work in the steel mills to make all of the farming equipment. I can tell you who won't. The elders and me.

• Farqueue
    Farqueue

far Q

no--on earth., but apart from that minor detail--you're right.

So, the rumour that when you die you go to Devon is true then.

Does that also mean that the rumour about god being called Harold is also true?

Ho hum.

• minimus
    minimus

BS is what it really is. Embarrassing 😔

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit