Active JW's - Do you see a CONTRADICTION here?

by The Fall Guy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

It's interesting how they condemn the 'extra-curricular' research efforts without actually condemning it.

It is presented as a sort of shocking discovery that the "F&DS" does not sanction or endorse. But it doesn't directly say not to do those things. To take it the way the WT wants the R&F to take it requires having the WT view of the "F&DS." They then add their own suggestions about what someone might otherwise do if they want to do 'research.'

People who do this outside research are described as "a few associates of our organization." The description sounds like some on the outside edge of "our organization," not really part of the mainstream of "our organization."

It is a carefully crafted piece of propaganda. I'll give 'em that much. And for the fully indoctrinated, it says it all.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

There are 1000's of sects of Christianity. Nothing proves that WT is God's chosen channel. Supernatural events showed God was backing Moses. Supernatural events showed God was backing Jesus. No supernatural events backed any christian sect, except with the first apostles. That means God doesn't care which sect you follow as long as you follow the basic tenets of the faith with Jesus as the primary leader, second to his father. Jesus said, "where there are two or more, I am with you".

There are so many new things I have learned by reading the bible without WT crutches. I know if I speak any new found understanding to those in the hall I will be DF'd for apostasy. It reminds me of what happened to Galileo when he wanted to tell the world the earth revolved around the sun, not the other way around. The church leaders accused Galileo of heresy because of their ignorance of the bible. He was not allowed to speak of that scientific truth again and he was put under house arrest for the rest of his life. That my friends is when a church has reached its evil oppressive state. The WT and many other sects are in the same boat because they have obstructed the holy spirit.

• krismalone
    krismalone

In defense of the Watchtower, the real problem and contradictions lie on the bible itself. Religion compounds the bullshit found in the bible.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    krismalone2 hours ago

"In defence of the Watchtower, the real problem and contradictions lie on the bible itself. Religion compounds the bullshit found in the bible."

Just using the Bible, reading it without WT Org specs on, anyone can easily see that the JW interpretation is wrong.

It was that K.M Q Box that began my awakening properly, I loudly said in the K.Hall " Nobody does my thinking for ME !" . My wife told me to be quiet, I refused, and repeated what I had said. A few months later, I left for good. At that time I was still a Bible believer, but could see the JW Org was WRONG through and through, and the fact that they had to use Mind Control proved it to me.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

For those who wish to do extra Bible study and research, we recommend that they explore Insight on the Scriptures, “All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial,” and our other publications...”

And no doubt that would also include "Aid To Bible Understanding" that stated words to the effect that the name Jehovah would not be the correct pronunciation of God`s name but we will stick with it because it is the most popular name in use today .?

They make such a big deal about making God`s name known ,but they don`t care if the pronunciation is right or wrong ?

And what "people" would it be the most popular to use it ? No other than Christendom of course .

Who JW`s claim is the Anti-Christ .

Go figure.

They also claim their religion is based solely on the Bible Scriptures ,yet their main belief and teaching is centered around them "Announcing Jehovah`s Kingdom" ,true ?

Where in the New Testament are followers of Jesus Christ explicitly told to preach about Jehovah`s Kingdom ?

I haven`t found one

Yet there are more than twenty Scriptures in the New Testament where followers of Jesus Christ are to be witnesses of Jesus Christ and his kingdom.

And I am using the NWT of The Christian Greek Scriptures otherwise known as the New Testament.

And to use the two witness rule JW`s are so fond of using ,here is a third one.

The word for word translation of the Greek into English of the Christian greek Scriptures published by the WTB&TS known as KI the Kingdom Interlinear Of The Christian Greek Scriptures ,the word / name Jehovah nor any other name for God ,does not appear in the Greek text but is deceptively included in the English margin column .

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook

They try so hard to preserve our unity, that they often go overboard.

But closely examining the NWT is GREAT- they will quickly see how accurate it really is!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Phizzy - "Just using the Bible, reading it without WT Org specs on, anyone can easily see that the JW interpretation is wrong."

Yup.

I remember the first time I realized that reading the Bible without WT-colored glasses actually gave the impression that quite a few of "Christendom"'s ideas were - gasp - more Biblically sound then the WT led its members to believe.

Ray Franz essentially came to a similar conclusion.

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook

But, alas, as a Catholic I read it to prove them wrong, then became shocked at how wrong my church was!

• cofty
    cofty
    as a Catholic I read it to prove them wrong, then became shocked at how wrong my church was

Have you considered the possibility that you were right on both counts?

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook

No.

Once you cast of suppositions, and take a CLOSER LOOK at the Bible, you begin to understand.

Take, for example, what the soul is.

Churchianity & the World Religions echo Satan, who told Eve she would NOT die.

But genesis states man BECAME a soul, no 'immortal soul' was put INTO him.

Then, Jehovah even SPELLS OUT what death was-returning to the ground- returning to nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit