I want to try something new, any ideas?

by Tameria2001 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Normally when JWs come to my door, I very quickly tell them I'm not interested in the JWs. And for about a year or so they don't come until that time passes. Well, they came by today, but this time I decided to not tell them to go away but had a nice conversation with the two that were at my door. They took that as permission to come back again at a later time. We talked about my background, but I did not let it known to them that I am a former JW, who hates the Watchtower. I officially left it (DA) 19 years ago. I've decided this time I would like to slip something that would get them to think for themselves...as if that is even possible, but you never know. Whatever it maybe I want to keep it short and to the point. Any ideas on what I can share with them without them screaming Apostate and doing this?

I almost forgot this was what they left with me.

• cofty
    cofty

How about asking how the Bible can be a reliable moral guide when it advocates slavery?

Will post some references later when back at my laptop.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

It depends on who the Jws are. If they are elderly, I would ask how many times they were made to believe that Big A would happen. Is it ok to die without a Blood transfusion

If they are young, I would ask about the WT UN connection, child abuse cases, Whole blood transfusion Vs Fractions, ever-changing doctrines, Why college education is discouraged and so forth...

Do you really believe that a snake talked, a donkey talked... and until now, the disease, suffering, war, crime, abuse is all because Eve ate the Fruit ?. Isn’t that too much of a punishment from a merciful god ?

God killing the Egyptian First born because the King would not listen to him. Is that Justice ?

You can own slaves as well as beat them. What do you think abou it ?

And God Killed 70,000 People because David took a Census.

If the wages of sin is death why did Lazarus (And those Easter Zombies) die again ?

And what are the tangible benefits of Christ's ransome sacrifice. Has Everything been set right ?

And those many many atrocities in the Bible.. Cant mention them all here. Bible is a treasure cove of injustice. Pick whichever you (Dis) like

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

@EverApostate They are both older, the man said he been in for a while, from what he said he became a JW in the tail end of the 1970s, before that he was with another church. He was talking about how they actually use the scriptures, I was silently rolling my eyes in my mind when he said that.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Usually I go soft with the elderly as I dont want to shatter their faith and eventually get them into depression.

More over, its hard to make the elderly realize that they are in a cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ask how can an individual be righteous in the eyes of god when JWS and its doctrines are false teachings devised by sinning apostate false prophets ? (Corrupt charlatans)

Ask if they knew about the organization that spawned the JWS the IBSA first preached and taught the date of 1914 through Pyramidology, the measurement and dimension of the great Pyramid of Giza.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've stumped them a couple of times with a question: How can they be Christians if there offical doctrine teaches that Jesus is not their mediator? Every time their response is "Of course we teach that Jesus is our mediator," to which I say "When did that change?" They will it hasn't and I refer them to the 1979 and 1989 Watchtower articles and invite them to come back after they look that up.

None of them ever come back, I hope that I gave them something to think about.

• Simon
    Simon

Ask them what the WTS would have to do to convince them that it wasn't the truth / gods organization.

If they say something like "nothing" then it's easy to point out that they really have a cult-like mentality. People can normally see it themselves, so won't admit that nothing the WTS could ever do would stop them believing.

If they actually name something, such as "cover up child abuse like the catholic church" well then ... do you have some information to tell them!

• carla
    carla

I'm with JeffT, most jw's don't know squat about their own doctrines. Even when they find they are wrong they shake their head a bit and go on as if nothing has happened. They will slowly revert to whatever they think the doctrine should be until they get in trouble with an elder for speaking it out loud.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What about asking them to show you one scripture in the New Testament where Christians are instructed to witness about a God named Jehovah ?.....Just one (1 )

or

Where in the New Testament that explicitly states that Christians are to be witnesses of Jehovah`s Kingdom ?

And in each of those cases where the actual word Jehovah occurs ?

The word/name Jehovah does not appear anywhere in their Kingdom Interlinear Of The Christian Greek Scriptures.

The word for word translation of the Greek into English.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit