My Personal Atheist Manifesto?

by dubstepped 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• atomant
    atomant
    dubstepped Many of the points you mentioned l dwelled on as a kid at the meetings and l guess l was a self made apostate from an extremely young age without knowing it.l like every child was forced to go to meetings against my will.l really really hated it.The way you described everything struck a chord within me.Thanks.
  • moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Thanks for sharing this with us.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

To sum up.

The bible is fiction, and JWs are part of a cult.

There is no evidence of a water canopy and if you had a water lens above the earth it would probably super heat the earth and burn it up.

SO many issues with the flood - but just remember this - all the WATER in the atmosphere would increase atmospheric pressure.

So say there was 100 feet worth of water that (ha ha ha) rained down.
    It would be like you were living 100 feet under the sea instead of 15 psi we have now on us - it would be 58psi.

If it was 1000 feet of rainwater - any living things (fictional Noah included) would have been living with a 450psi atmosphere crushing im to slime.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

@scratchme - lol, what, you think that's a lot to read? I sat down this morning and banged it out in and hour or so. I put it into Open Office afterword just for fun and it was seven pages long. Is it sad to say that might not be my longest post ever?

It was late at night when I saw your post, that's all. Ok, I read it. Amazing. I can tell it's one of those things that you just type, and type, and type, and thoughts just flow.

I appreciate your sharing this. I love that you are not trying to convince anyone of anything.

Once again, thanks.

• TD
    TD

That was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

It was the science (Or more precisely, the lack of it) that drove me away as a young man. I remember wanting to crawl under my chair when the oversized heart and brain were arguing with each other during a convention drama.

In retrospect, it wasn't that it was wrong so much as the fact that we were required to believe it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would not argue about there being a Creator or not, just concede that the Universe may have been created, and then ask :

" Without using the Bible to prove the Bible, which simply does not work, how do you get, in a sound intellectual way, from there being a Creator to the god of the Bible ?"

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

He specifically asked me why I didn't believe in a creator and god from previous conversation and my podcast, which brought him to me. I therefore answered that. In a different conversation that would have been an interesting way to approach the topic. That's an interesting line of thought though.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Brilliant @dubstepped. Well expressed. Very similar to my own thought process when I left and discovered my own atheism....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Agreed Doubtfull1799!

Great post Dubstepped! Thanks for sharing.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Absolutely outstanding and coherent reply, Mike.

Well done for taking the time to put all of that together into words. As an atheist, most of it resonates with me.

Im sure if the guy is thinking deeply and honestly then he will take on board at least some of what you say as quite frankly, it’s truthful and evidence based objections. Who can argue with those points if one is searching for evidence based objections to faith in god?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit