Snow fall in Jan 2015

by Lostandfound 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

TAL, thank you!

So true, we don't have good snow and ice equipment, like tire chains. Nobody wants to invest in stuff because winter is only rough for a few days every winter. Sometimes the power goes out for several days and boy we feel determined to get ready for next time! But then we forget what it was like. LOL!

Marina

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Doesn't look like it. Looks like the worst will be further south, Philly and that area.

So much for my career in meteorology. . . .

It's already up to my knees out there and there's no sign of it slowing down.

• lrkr
    lrkr
    They don't need snow to isolate them. The prison in their minds has already done that.
  • freddo
    freddo

The UK has this "unprepared" problem.

Anywhere south of Scotland and the North East of England and we hope the flood/snow/ice won't get us this year and so "chance it"!

If we live in the Midlands or south then nine years out of ten we get away with it. The other year we get really caught out and moan and whinge and blame the government.

This year it was reported that trains in the South East would be delayed because of "low-sun" dazzling drivers at commuting times! I mean - as if the Sun changes it's trajectory each winter! Infamously "leaves on the line" brought commuting around London to a standstill one autumn because the wet leaves stopped the locomotive's engines gripping the tracks!

As the German guest laments about the English in WW2 in the Fawlty Towers sitcom "However did they win?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit