Speaker and Interpreter Ratings

by wifibandit 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• contramundum
    contramundum

"Does he have a reputation for being opinionated and dogmatic? Is he known as one who is harsh in judgment? Does he view his own opinion on matters as the final word?"

Surely, the main question should not be whether brothers displaying that sort of attitude are recommended as convention speakers, but rather whether they should be shepherds in the congregation at all.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    contramundum: That basically means that if you are at a convention and they order you to preach something that doesn't sit well with your conscience, you better say it like you believe it, otherwise, you won't give talks in any other conventions, anywhere.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    "Does he have a reputation for being opinionated and dogmatic? Is he known as one who is harsh in judgment? Does he view his own opinion on matters as the final word?"

Yes this means more like - you are not going to restate stupid things like - "it didnt rain before the flood" or "the earth is in the perfect position and if it moves 6 inches we will fry or freeze" or that Cobras will eat straw, and mosquitoes will just drink lemonade in paradise".

It's really code for - does a speaker try to use reality and good judgement when giving talks, which is bad, or does he just read the outline like a good cultist should.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think you are talking of a different (higher level) rating system. The one from wifi is the one that each congregation sends to the CO. ~ Zappa

There is also a form completed by the CO and the Cir Assm overseers that goes to the Branch, which is used in the selection of Dist (Reg) Conv speakers....................Doc

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    freddo
    "he thinks higher of himself than I do but last years form gave him "A"s"

This is funny - in my experience - I know many speakers whose greatest achievement was not setting the podium on fire, or taking a crap on the stage - but who thought they were the next Lincoln - and had not idea why they were not giving District talks.

Even most of the "brothers" that do not vomit on stage are crappy speakers when you compare them to speakers outside the Borganization.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I know there are also ratings of the men who run the Regional Conventions departments and Committee that gets sent to the Service Dept. I don't have that form in English, but for those who read Spanish:

CO-53-S 5/15

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

freddo The ones I took part it in seems to be superceded by this arrangement ?/- I have not been in the Borgian loop since 2010 - not sure - the docs look the same-ish ! But it went on forever this meeting. Also I did not handle the forms as CO had them in his hands.

It can be a way to put the knife into elders you don't like or are jealous of regarding "speaking prowess".

Then too we were reminded to look at the bro's who were more "charismatic" in their speaking style.

Other factors that were looked at were: Does he have his family in subjection ...............otherwise don't recommend him for talks / demo's related to family/

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Item #3 is a joke:

"(3) Describe his family. Are he and his family well-respected and a good example for others to follow? If he has children and they live at home, list their ages. Does he have grown children who no longer live at home? If so, how are they doing spiritually? Mention specifically if you recommend the brother to care for a part on family life. If you do, the entire family, including his wife, should be recognized as good examples of Christian living by all in the congregation. A brother who has grown children not living at home may also be recommended if his children continue to serve Jehovah and have a good reputation."

There are several elders in our circuit on the list of speakers who I know personally; they have grown children who do not live at home and have zero to do with JWs. Some of these children fall under the category of 'apostates' or otherwise are in an inactive, reproved or df'd state. These elders/fathers currently give talks at CAs & RCs and clearly do not qualify to give talks on family life or even being on the list of speakers!

What a joke!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1) Uhhh..... TOMO, you're disqualified.....

2) A+ JW Speaker = Anyone who can take another's thoughts/outline, and convince the audience that they aren't reading an outline, aka, sociopath....

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit