A troubling visit with a satisfying end.

by Bonsai 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Londo111
    Londo111

You are in Japan?

The cult seems to be in a slow decline there.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Londo111...

It's not just Japan.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Loose ends undermine their power

You're all in? Great

You're all out? Great

Limbo? This leaves loose ends, someone has walked away without consequences, we can't have them appearing stable and happy this way, lets pressure them!!

This is partly why I choose the fade, I feel its a constant kick in their balls, and when they act this way it is slowly opening my wife's eyes to the high pressure religion this is.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Amazing that a hall already shares by 3 congregations is to be sold off and the Publishers told to drive an additional hour to get back and forth to the meeting in a hall already shared by 4 congregations, now to be 7. Never heard of this.

The organization must really be in dire straits.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So, I've been out for 2 years now. Just picked up and walked away from the wacky religion that tried to control every part of my life through fear and guilt.

So we engaged in meaningless banter and he went on his way. But before he left a troubling look came over his face. He said, " I should probably tell you that we can no longer go to the kingdom hall near here anymore. Our hall will be sold off."

So..

An Elder stopped by to tell you..

You can`t go to the Kingdom Hall you don`t go to..

........http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/6108319/Jon-Stewart-giggling.gif

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Sometimes, I will just be a smart ass. Like "Thank god we have the truth otherwise we wouldn't have a clear understanding of the overlapping generations thing, have they changed that again?". Haha, you can see the wheels falling off the wagons."

MarkofCane

I love screwing with them. You are right, the look on their face when they can't answer is priceless. My spouse and I have a good laugh at a few things we have said and done to the Eldurs. lol

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I have been out for nearly 3 years now. Haven't seen or heard from them. Not even an elders visit. They are selling the prime location KHs because they generate the most money. See how you thought the visit was going to be a negative thing when it actually turned out to be positive.
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Thumbs up Toes up

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Do you have any insight as to what's going on in Japan? I remember when Japan was one of the org's bragging topics - when the numbers were increasing, there were lots of pioneers, etc. Do you hear any negative talk among JWs? If so, what are they saying? Are any of the old-timers disgruntled?
  • steve2
    steve2

I thought elders hunted in pairs. You've been visited by just one - man, they must be in decline.

I hear that in Japan, more so than elsewhere in the world, the bulk of publishers are females. Is that correct?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit