Link to the English version of the Quebec (French) documentary, "The Kingdom's Dirty Secrets" (About JW's hiding child abuse)

by AndersonsInfo 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo
    Here's a link to the English version of the Quebec documentary, The Kingdom's Dirty Secrets that aired in Canada at the beginning of December. I was told that It's okay to share the documentary and post on social media. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AJPHGMt9JI
    Barbara

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

pity they've decided to go with subtitles in CAPITALS on this new version, though the voice over is in English and original English interviews have been kept

But, it's just a rehash of this? yes?

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4895699349012480/new-documentary-on-pedophilia-english-subtitles

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Very damning documentary it's great to know these stories are coming to light.

Thanks so much for posting it and all your hard work.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Thank you for posting this Barbara.

It is an excellent production and should be shared far and wide.

dsp: pity they've decided to go with subtitles in CAPITALS on this new version, though the voice over is in English and original English interviews have been kept
    But, it's just a rehash of this? yes?
    https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4895699349012480/new-documentary-on-pedophilia-english-subtitles

No. this is not "just a re-hash".

This is a version that has been done by the crew at Radio Canada - the crew who produced it to begin with. This is an official translation and they have been generous to put the work into the voice overs and editing required to give us an official copy to distribute.

Much thanks to the people in Quebec who spent the time to do this for us.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

darkspilver, I agree with OrphanCrow. All you have to do is compare the version at the link you cited and the official translation and you'll see the huge difference.

By the way, for those who didn't catch what I wrote in my post, the producers of this documentary gave permission to share or post the program anywhere. Now we don't have to worry about copyright.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Dear Barbara,

This info is MUCH appreciated. I think this film touches on almost all the info we know about the subject. The personal experiences are told very well and effectively.

I've shared on fb & twitter and sent the link in emails to several people.

My granddaughter just asked me if i don't get tired of watching and reading about the JW child abuse and victim abuse. I realized I have not adequately expressed my outrage and contempt of WT, and the way they claim to be a channel for truth from God. Yet do nothing to prevent this disgusting behavior.

I explained how wrong it is to know of suffering and stay silent, once you know it exists.

Much love to you and many thanksā™„

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    IownMylife: I think this film touches on almost all the info we know about the subject. The personal experiences are told very well and effectively.

And I would like to add...in this film, Barbara's poise and intelligence shines brightly as always. The producer did a fine job of showing the viewers the history of how all this has come about and Barbara's vital contribution. The early photos of Barbara and Joe were great

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Thanks!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    OrphanCrow - "...The early photos of Barbara and Joe were great."

Barb and Joe are - as far as I'm concerned - the collective XJW community's adopted grandparents.

That means that - by definition - their current photos are automatically great, too.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Thank you much for posting this, Barbara. It was very well done, and I hope it opens people's eyes to the criminal way Watchtower hides behind cherry-picked scriptures to protect its public image.

It needs to protect that image, lest bad publicity interfere with its true objectives. I think the Society's main goals are (1) accumulate assets, (2) protect those assets through various kinds of legal chicanery, and (3) maintain almost total control over it adherents by demanding absolute obedience and conformity, demonizing any dissent or questioning of authority, and even directing what they can read, how far they can pursue their education, and with whom they can associate. And that's just scratching the surface.

You can boil it down to two powerful motivations that have been behind almost everything that has ever happened in human history: money and power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit