Headline: "Islamic Invasion: Europe now scrambles for guns." How true is this?

by cappytan 155 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing to note is that the officials there are aware that these people are mostly secular Muslims, the extremists are probably staying in Syria. - Finkelstein

I was referring in general terms toward the refugees as a whole.

You cant dismiss the fact that there might be a small number of Muslim extremists within these incoming refugees. As the investigation progresses it should reveal who these attackers were and where they came from . There seems to be a framework of retaliation to these attacks such as the Charlie Hebdo shooting earlier this year. This time its about France's military air strikes in Syria ????

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Europeans would be as likely to respond to a terrorist attack with "give us more guns" as someone whose house has burned down would be likely to say "give me some matches".
  • prologos
    prologos

On November 5, a man was arrested in Bavaria, in whose car found policemen arsenal. And evidence that he wanted to go to France.

The Car was stopped on Nov. 5. on board: 8 assault rifles& ammo. 2 pistols, 2 hand grenades, 200 g of tnt. on the way to paris.

• krejames
    krejames

I don't think anyone who was arguing for helping the refugees was suggesting a "let everyone in to Europe without checks" policy. The temptation is to use the discovery of the passport as proof that helping the refugees is the wrong thing to do. But that overlooks the fact that most of the suicide gunmen appear to have been european citizens and were not migrants....

The Paris tragedy was horrific and my heart goes out to everyone affected. Like a lot of people, I stayed up most of friday night/saturday morning watching the 24 hour news as the situation developed and then got under control. The unity and support shown for the French people is moving and heartwarming.

Of course "us Europeans" shouldn't forget that we are not the only target for ISIS, as the horrific suicide bombing in Beirut on Thursday demonstrated and which unfortunately got next to no media coverage. But those victims were human beings too and they count and they are worthy of our sympathy, solidarity and support as much as our French brothers and sisters

As all too few people have pointed out, the biggest number of ISIS victims are Muslims, but somehow we overlook that fact in the "them and us" arguments we have on threads like these.

As Village Idiot said, somehow we have to get creative to help our fellow human family in need as well as try and stay safe ourselves.

The answer isn't to turn off our compassion for our fellow humans. That's exactly what ISIS want.

I was sickened by Donald Trump's comment that, had the French had guns themselves, this tragedy wouldn't have happened. Complete and utter tosh, obviously, but just goes to show how people twist tragedies such as this to support their own political agenda and posturing.

• krejames
    krejames
    Interesting analysis here. Apparently all of us have got it wrong (unsurprisingly) https://plus.google.com/+YonatanZunger/posts/RN2yx54bxPa
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Just this year daesh set off bombs in kuiwt and sauidi arabia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit