Headline: "Islamic Invasion: Europe now scrambles for guns." How true is this?

by cappytan 155 Replies latest jw friends

• cappytan
    cappytan

A year to a year and a half ago, I would have taken this article at face value and believed it.

Now, I realize this article comes from a dubious source. World News Daily has a die-hard right-wing bias.

So, in an effort to get REAL information, I'm asking my European exJW's, is this article all true? Is it half true, mostly sensationalized? Or is it 100% false?

Just a quick quote from the article:

Until the refugees started flooding Europe, it was mostly hunters and sport shooters who purchased firearms. Now, people are seeking weapons for self-defense because they are worried about their personal safety. Most have never used a gun before.

Just an FYI: I'm for offering aid to refugees in need. I'm not anti-refugee.
  • bohm
    bohm
    Not true at all. I have only seen the islamic invasion narrative on the net.
  • macys
    macys

I have a lot of family in Sweden and Germany. Actually probably half of my family live there now that I think of it. They are not JDubs and I do whatsapp with my cousins and aunts and nieces. This exact topic comes up almost everyday. So my one cousin lives just outside of Malmo. She told me that it is getting really bad and the native Swedish do not feel comfortable in their own country. Rape is the biggest concern since rape is exploding over there. Even in small villages because the politicians wants to put these immigrants everywhere there is space. So they will often find an old school or gym hall and put like 500 of them in a town that only has 200 people.

Two or three months ago a 14 year old girl was raped by a Somalian dog in a small town and the police only gave him a light sentence of community service or something. My aunt says that it is very difficult to own a gun unless you are a hunter and then it is very regulated so almost nobody has a gun. But it is ironic cuz there is a lot of gun violence in the cities by the immigrant gangs. For some reason they always have guns. So now the people in their village are joining hunting clubs so they can get permits for guns.

Now in Germany it is very similar but getting almost as bad. Also there it is very difficult to own guns but people are trying to get guns anyways and say it is for hunting like in Sweden. When they say hunting they mean hunting the rapists and this is good because the police are overwhelmed. And just like in Sweden the police are not allowed to report the crimes of the immigrants because the politicians feel it will prove the right political parties right about this topic and give them more supporters. Bottom line the people are scared to death. I fear for my cousins and nieces who are younger than me.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its sensationalized bullshit with a biased position against refugees.

It's worthy to take note that many countries in Europe are still suffering from the 2008 recession with high unemployment and debt.

Part of the reason for the opposition to incoming referees.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

The headline sounds like the kind of misinformation Fox News runs all the time!

SL

• cappytan
    cappytan
    The headline sounds like the kind of misinformation Fox News runs all the time!

It is very sensational, isn't it? But sometimes, things that sound sensational turn out to be true which was why I was trying to get feedback from folks on the forum that are actually over there and may have their own perspective on it.

• cofty
    cofty

Why would Islamist terrorists not use the refugee crisis to infiltrate the west?

There is good reason to be concerned.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It is very legit. As was posted in Sweden they are starting to have many problems. Look up "sharia law london" and you'll see some areas with high concentrations they are trying to impose sharia law. (this happening before refugee crisis). There are news reports of ISIS defectors who returned and gave interviews to avoid punishment, etc. In Syria near Turkey border a report w/ pictures of shaved beards and how ISIS dressing as women to get in. Look up reports about the immigration camps, where they are forcing sharia law and the various refugees, shitties and sunni fighting, etc, and having to be kept separate. NO checks on the immigrants, so the smart ISIS who know their day is about over in Syria fleeing or returning.

Now what does that all mean? At the very least they have reports of violence and problems going on so most wanting guns may be just for protection from increased violence and problems and if any isis try to start causing chaos and random violence. I doubt any think they would be able to just suddenly rise and take over all of Europe since at least very few if any weapons will pass checkpoints and those jumping fences might get small arms in if any. But with so many there, a long term effect can be breeding and natural Europeans becoming minority or pressures and slowly bringing in sharia law as is happening in England.

AND non of the refugees are going to any other "Islamic" countries. It's funny they hate the Islamic countries, don't want to live in them, but then once going to a free country want to practice sharia law.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

The West should get their paws out of their riches and their business.

Whatever problems they have, let them hatch it out themselves. We have so many issues here tone corrected and worked out to keep us busy.

Let us mind OUR business!!!

SL

• Simon
    Simon

I think sensationalist - because the same story is always used as an example but never references any reports.

Of course right wing types will promote fear to boost their own popularity.

That doesn't mean there is no risk - uncontrolled migrations from radical war-zones of course carries a risk. But the people who brought down the twin towers came on planes from different countries. Why does the focus never turn toward them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit