Is this true???

by JT 18 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

What a load of self righteous crap !!!!!!!!!!

I agree they should at least try and be honest about their behavior . I always heard pleas for money on all kinds of issues and the back biting is completely obvious.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

In the 7 years since I left the Borg I have visited every flavor church that has been available to me and I have never once encountered any congregation of people who even measured up to the back biting, gossip and solicitation of money that JWs do. I have been baptized Mormon and Roman Catholic since I left them, and I have to say that I have been freely given money, food, furniture, and kindness, and genuine affection. I have seen politics run blazing hot during a church meeting of catholics, but never once did it degenerate into the bitter and nasty crap I witnessed as a witness. The last year I was a JW I saw a fist fight among sisters in the auditorium after the Special talk! The gossip and malicious slander was the worst. On the surface it was all brotherly love but underneath it was Jerry Springer.

The Mormons don't do that. The Catholics just change parishes if they don't like someone...(LOL) and even the witches I know are not like that. JWs are the worst by far. And yes I have passed the plate and been given that box od envelopes with my name printed on them...but I was never once reproached if I didn't put something in it. Even the Mormons tithe from what you CAN give, not what you can't! And the Bishop's Storehouse is like a grocery store and they never once asked me for anything in return. Damn I miss those Potato Pearls and Cocoa mix.... besides the other religions I have been a part of make you feel like you WANT to participate, not that you HAVE to.

Ravyn

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

oh yeh........................that's to lure people in. the trick

but then, when it's obvious that all the above things do happen and you draw attention to it, the standard answer is 'oh yes, but we are not perfect'.............or.............'satan uses our brothers and sisters to try and stumble us'.

propaganda...............that's all it is.

cheers, bliss

• Francois
    Francois

I haven't read what others have said as yet, but I can tell you that after 25 years association with that group they put a better spin on things than the professionals in the Clinton administration.

That paragraph is a flat-out, fucking LIE.

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

There's certainly discrimination by your family against you if you are reproved or disfellowshipped, and you are most certainly treated 'coldly' and discriminated against at social settings (ie, by not being invited) if you are considered weak, have a reputation, or have expressed doubts about some beliefs. And JW's are the worst at gossiping about each other. I think one winter pioneering that's all we did was sit in the car trying to keep dry and warm, and moan about all the lazy sisters who couldn't be bothered joining us in FS in the week....

• JT
    JT

thanks for all the comments and i too agree it is almost a joke to read this stuff

• waiting
    waiting
    Would you like to live in Paradise? If your answer is 'Yes,' you will be thrilled to know that when Jesus spoke of today's troubled system and "the sign" of its approaching destruction, he added, "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." Some, at least, of the generation that saw the "beginning of pangs of distress" in 1914 will live to see Paradise restored on earth. (Matthew 24:3-8, 34)

This brochure was printed in 2001......but in 1995, the WTBTS changed their teaching on "this generation" & 1914. Why is it still being used on their official website and new written literature?

Satan may try to distract you by causing close associates to oppose you or by tempting you into selfish materialistic or immoral ways. Do not give in to Satan. Your safety and the whole future of you and your family depend on your studying the Bible further.—Matthew 10:36; 1 John 2:15-17.

The WTBTS didn't waste any time in warning about Satanic "close associates to oppose you"

Besides continuing your present Bible study, there is another way to learn. People in your neighborhood who are interested in Bible education regularly attend the local Kingdom Hall meetings. All who attend are there to take in instruction from the Bible and are sincerely trying to become better people.

That also is a lie. It can't be proven that ALL are there for those purposes....or are sincerely trying. Otherwise, we wouldn't get "timely information" about watching out for our children.

There is no soliciting of money, no backbiting or quarreling, and no discrimination because of family background or financial standing.

Lies. Lies. Lies. Could this be used in Court - especially with victims of abuse, particularily if an instance could be proven? The WTBTS is actually giving a guarantee. It is noticeable that they don't specify that there's "no discrimination because of race." Family background could mean just about anything.

There are more than three million Witnesses worldwide in over 200 lands.

Another lie (assuming error on this one). On this same Official Watchtower site....it states that peak 2002 Witnesses is over six million.

As you associate with Jehovah's organization, you will find the atmosphere very different from that of temples and churches. There is no soliciting of money, no backbiting or quarreling, and no discrimination because of family background or financial standing. The most outstanding quality among Jehovah's Witnesses is love. First, they love Jehovah, and second, they love other people. These are marks of true Christians. (Matthew 22:37-39; John 13:35) No doubt you will be impressed by their unity. There are more than three million Witnesses worldwide in over 200 lands. Yet, Witnesses throughout the earth follow the same programs at their meetings. And because of simultaneous printing in many languages, at their weekly meetings most of Jehovah's Witnesses throughout the world study the same Scriptural subjects within a few hours of one another. The unity of Jehovah's organization is a modern-day miracle in this divided world.

I put the whole paragraph up so it could be shown I wasn't taking "unity" out of context. Other churches are proud of their unity of spirit, giving, good works, choir, whatever. The WTBTS? Their proud of their "simultaneous printing in many languages.....THAT's what creates unity.....not God's spirit. There is NO mention that the unity of JW's is caused by anything other than their "simultaneous printing in many languages."

My god, the WTBTS really IS a printing business - a modern-day miracle.

As you associate regularly with Jehovah's people, you will need to clothe yourself with "the new personality" and cultivate the fruitage of God's spirit—"love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control." (Colossians 3:10, 12-14; Galatians 5:22, 23) This will bring you deep contentment. You may have problems to overcome from time to time because you live in a corrupt world and also because of your own imperfections. But Jehovah will help you. His Word assures those who are sincerely trying to please him: "Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let your petitions be made known to God; and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6, 7) You will be drawn by Jehovah's love, so that you will want to serve him. Jehovah's Witnesses will be happy to show you how you can dedicate your life to this loving God and become one of his privileged witnesses. (Psalm 104:33; Luke 9:23) Yes, it is a privilege. Just think! As a worshiper of Jehovah, you can reach out for the goal of everlasting life in a paradise here on earth.—Zephaniah 2:3; Isaiah 25:6, 8.

This is just like reading mind control messages. It almost soothes the reader into thinking "yeah..........that's cool."

This is on "The Official Website of Jehovah's Witnesses, one of their official brochures. copyrighted 2001. It's some of the worst writing I've seen them put out. Errors, lies, assumptions.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/lmn/article_11.htm

Thanks, JT - appreciate you're finding this.

• gumby
    gumby
    now why not say, we try hard to get rid of these views, we are a work in progress, this is our goal as a people

And these kinds of statements young man, is why people like you will never be on the "writing Commitee"!

Saying 'we try hard' ...shows your fallable, and you cannot be fallable when Jehovah is directing you. Now straighten your arse up!

Gumby

• waiting
    waiting

Does anyone know why this is found on the Official WTBTS site, copyrighted 2001?

Some, at least, of the generation that saw the "beginning of pangs of distress" in 1914 will live to see Paradise restored on earth. (Matthew 24:3-8, 34)

There was New Light (changing of doctrine) on this subject in 1995 - major Watchtower article. "No one knows how long a generation really is....and it would be wrong to speculate....as *some* have." - paraphrasing that '95 WT article.

Is there more instances where the WT is playing all sides of the table?

Or is this just another one of their stupid writing department mistakes?

Doesn't ANYONE proof these articles? Doesn't ANYONE proof their Official Website Information?

you cannot be fallable when Jehovah is directing you. - gumby

Oh yeah. "We're just imperfect men." (the new JW mantra) Which is why this whole article is weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit