Fade question: New Cong or stay.

by Darkknight757 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    All great suggestions thanks!!! So I think we will find the fade hall but continue where we are at for the time until the pressure gets too high. That will give us time to find a hall where nobody knows us. Should be fun😊
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

Give them a slightly wrong address.

Brilliant!Yes. This way, if they want to visit, they can't. If they call you, you ignore. If they see you at the store and ask to compare addresses you can say "oops, looks like you were one digit off".

• bafh
    bafh

Move your cards to the new hall. Attend one, maybe two meetings, and then never show up again.

Done deal.

OR

Move. Don't go anywhere. (this is what I did)

Done Deal. :-)

• freemindfade
  • Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    Try to move to a hall where the new elders will have to travel 30-45 minutes to reach you. They won't try too many times.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    Yes Lee Elder that is what we are looking into, halls that are at least a half hour away if not more. I was kinda thinking the same thing that they might not be too inclined to visit someone that far away unannounced.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

No matter what your decision is, eventually they will leave you alone. Once the cat trys to play with the mouse and the mouse plays dead (no fun), the cat will move on.

This is what happened to us. Give em nothing, they will move on in time!

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Onthewayout

I think it depends on the hall you decide to move in. Some halls have lazy elders who could care less that you left, so they won't bother you. Some halls have Nazi Elders.

As you say "some, lazy or Nazi" but Not all elders either lazy or Nazi some just overworked people under tremendous pressure trying to do their best. Fault lies with the 7 SS Generals at HQ

sorry about highlight, no idea how to stop it

• The Big Machine
    The Big Machine
    The hall I moved to is 30-45 minutes away and it worked perfectly. I agree with Lee Elder, try to find one far enough away, but not too far that going to your 1-3 meetings isn't too much of a chore. Try to find out when they receive your records. I got lucky when the COBE told me before one of the few meetings I attended in the new hall that they received my records. That turned out to be my last ever meeting.
  • Simon Templar
    Simon Templar
    I strongly believe that moving to a location where nobody knows you is best. Don't tell the locals that you are moving. Leave your publisher record cards with your present congregation. Just move and be done with it. Go to the meeting just prior to the move. Keep everything normal.Then just go to your new home. Its easier. Believe me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit