Fade question: New Cong or stay.

by Darkknight757 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I have a question with regard to fading. The wife and I have plans to move to another hall and continue our fade from the organization. We are already missing quite a few meetings and we are not reporting time.

What if we just miss more meetings at our current hall until we just stop going all together? Would moving to a different hall really make the fade easier?

• Londo111
    Londo111

I believe it's most optimal to move to a congregation where nobody knows you, outside the territory where you live, one preferably too busy to note your absence. That's what I did.

Have your records arrived there? Once they do, take your exit!

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

I thought about that some, I think its would only be beneficial to move to another hall if you are planning a fast fade, like stop cold turkey. If your playing the long game stay at your current hall whats the point of having more elders knowing your business and looking for you. If you can move to another city, that would be the best. New hall no one knows you have your card sent over and disappear.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Moving congs might be useful if you were being hounded by your elders. It can also be good if you are not well known in your circuit.

To make a fade easier I would recommend building a circle of friends outside WT. I would see this more of a priority than meeting new people in a new cong.

Take care

Kate xx

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    We have been building back family relationships and making new friends over the course of the last 6 months. We cannot physically move to a new place but I would hate to have to go to a bunch of meetings at a new hall until the records arrive. But if it means getting out of this mess then it's a good sacrifice to make.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

I think it depends on the hall you decide to move in. Some halls have lazy elders who could care less that you left, so they won't bother you. Some halls have Nazi Elders.

We had lazy Elders, so for the most part they left us alone. Our problem became that we could not stomach the hypocrisy anymore so just started missing meetings and assemblies. It took us about a year to stop reporting time. Wow...life if now good and it is great to make new ("worldly") friends that like you for who you are and don't judge.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Sounds like you have built an excellent network outside WT.

Sounds like there is no need to carry on the facade..... You have everything in place.

My daughter did a long fade and hardly anyone stays in touch..... Eventually when you leave you will be seen as bad association by some.

Go for it I say.

Kate xx

• Giordano
    Giordano

I think that if you take the responsibility away from your current Hall and have your publishers cards sent to a new one you accomplish a couple of things.

The old Hall who knows you best is no longer responsible for you. The new Hall doesn't have a relationship with you............ nor would those Elder's feel responsible.

Transferring into a new Hall gives credibility that you and your wife are working through some 'issues' or looking to refresh your relationship with Jah etc.

If someone questions where you were at the last meeting or why you weren't out in service you can say that your wife likes to visit her old Hall on occasion or has a close friend and they enjoy going out in service together.

A new Hall may help your wife feel less uncomfortable about missing meetings and service as these 'friends' will not have anything to compare her with. And if your lucky they will be standoffish which can aid in fading

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Cool thing is at the moment we never go to the CLAM because of mid-week obligations so it's the Sunday that can be a problem. We have a few conga picked out so we will probably start checking into those now and see how it goes.

Cross your fingers for lazy eltards.😬

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Sounds good. So new Cong it is. Honestly that will take the pressure off as the eltards at my current hall are waiting for me to get better so I can be a fellow eltard again. I'd rather have a buffalo take a dump in my ear than to do that job again.

I like the suggestion about being out in service at old hall too even know we are many months inactive already. My wife loves having the weekends back!! ( I make a killer breakfast)

Thanks for all the input!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit