Can You Feel The Love?

by OneFingerSalute 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cangie
    Cangie
    Some years ago I moved from NY to Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. I had been somewhat irregular at the meetings up until that time, and decided that my new environment deserved that I attempt a new commitment to become active again. When I got settled, I called the number provided for the JW's, and told the sister who answered that I was new to the area and wanted to know where the KH was located. She put me on the phone with her elder husband, who was about as dry, brittle and welcoming as dead leaves. He seemed indifferent as to whether I attended or not, and never offered any personal help like offering me a ride to the first meeting to help me find my way and feel comfortable. I guess it would be no surprise that it put me off going back, and by the end of the 6 months that I lived there, I had never once gone to the KH. Looking back, that was probably the beginning of my fade...
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''They have just gotta start showing more interest and care in the people they have already got''

I second that!!!!

• pandorasbox1914
    pandorasbox1914
    I can confirm this lack of love, when my son was rushed into hospital for an emergency operation, the blood issue was raised, the HLC elder refused to help as he was too busy preparing for a party.

On another occasion we moved to another congregation, despite going to every meeting and field service, it took them over six months to welcome us into the congregation. Then off course there was the favorite, invite everyone for a meal but we would never receive invites.

Yeah feel the love, it was smothering!!!!!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes...in fact, how many real friends from the congregations have we all still got since fading?

I bet in most cases, nearly every one of the so called friends we thought we had have simply dried up since they don't see us at the hall.....

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    to think that it was the very thing that attracted new recruits and the R&F to stay in because of the so called warmth and love that they used to show, quite clearly not the case now, In my area I would bet that you could walk into many KH's and get ignored at every single one.
  • steve2
    steve2

There is one guaranteed way to get the local congregation vitally interested in you:

Spread a rumor that you have compromised your "Christian" values and morals and the local JWs will soon be snooping upclose and personal. They'll want to know ALL about you.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

One small detail has come to light since I first posted this comment.

The spouse of the elderly handicapped JDubya has personally known both the former Bethel female sister and her husband for over forty years. So it wasn't a case of caution for someone unknown to them.

Yes, I can feel the love. Damned hypocrites!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The spouse of the elderly handicapped JDubya has personally known both the former Bethel female sister and her husband for over forty years. So it wasn't a case of caution for someone unknown.

Ok well then that puts a different spin on things. I agree it's a very loving organisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit