10 Questions to annoy Jehovah's Witnesses
Are you still faithful to the Watchtower ? If so, you are rebelling against Jehovah and his organization by visiting and blogging on this site. How do you explain this. Anxious to know
Cuz as we learned from Breakfast of Champions, certain ones with permission from elders may post to this site (and others) and report triple time.
10. My mother suffered the pangs of birth so I could have a life. She fed me, changed my diapers, held me, dried my tears, taught me right from wrong and was always there for me. What kind of low-life ingrate will it make me IF I turn my back on her now because she won't quit smoking. . . .and you just DISFELLOWSHIPPED HER!!
Well said, Terry.
They simply never get their priories straight, do they? Jesus reinforces what you said from Matt 15:11: . . . Not what enters into [his] mouth [food, drink, Skoal, Chesterfields, etc] defiles a man; but it is what proceeds out of [his] mouth that defiles a man.
Cold Steel is playing devil's advocate. He actually is a Mormon who knows how JWS think.
It comes down to - the bible sucks so much - you can make it say anything, explain anything, excuse anything.
And all you need is to have people believe YOU are the channel - the above is so easy to do.
If the bible were from a "god" it would be clear, unambiguous, unspinnable, and globally accepted.
In all honesty, the JW's who have arrived at my door in the last 5 years have all been so pathetically clueless, young, innocent, and Bambi-like, I haven't had the heart to gut them. I do explain to them, "I used to be exactly like you, doing what you do now. I was a Pioneer, I went to prison for my faith, and I discharged many responsibilities in my congregation."
At that point, IF they want to know more, they'll ask. If they don't (almost always) I say nothing more.
If they do ask, I keep it short and unemotional.
They beat a hasty retreat.
I had one lady walk over to me at Starbucks and hand me an invitation to the Memorial and I responded (as stated above) and she sat down and questioned me.
I answered her many questions in quite a lot of detail.
She was a Newbie and very zealous. Probably from China. She listened and sat there a few silent seconds after processing my responses. Then, she said, "So, you can still come back to the Kingdom Hall. It's not too late."
So, I gave up on rational discourse. I answered her by saying, "IT'S A RELIGIOUS CULT. Why would I ever want to get trapped inside a CULT?"
At that moment her eyes changed color. She couldn't get away fast enough!
None of my reasonable explanations, data, details, etc. made the slightest dent in her head. The final statement about it being a CULT is the only thing which penetrated.
1. Why wouldn’t Christians think of their congregation as a kind of hospital? We are sick with sin and we’re trying to get well, right? What hospital kicks the sick ones out the door and keeps the healthy ones?
True Christian congregations aren't hospitals, but refuges of cleanliness and spiritual nourishment in a sick and sinning world. If it were in a zombie apocalypse, would you allow a friend, no matter how much you loved him, into your safe house once he had been bitten by an undead abomination? Spiritual warfare is not for the weak and sentimental!
2. When you hire a coach to get you to the playoffs and win the big game, yet you lose...lose...lose.... do you FIRE him, or, do you keep him on? Well, then, how do you explain Fred Franz being made PRESIDENT after the 1975 fiasco?
I don't know what you are talking about.
3. Knowledge about life, medicine, science, astronomy, mathematics, physics, chemistry & history is greater and more abundant today than ever before. If you ignore higher education now--who is going to be the most clueless jackass in the room in the years to come?
In the years to come the real jackasses will be vulture food! What good will all their college degrees and 'Knowledge about life, medicine, science, astronomy, mathematics, physics, chemistry & history' do them if they are dead? There will be plenty of time to satisfy our curiosity about the universe in The New System.
4. In a dark room, you light a candle. If it is still too dark to see clearly—do you light a new candle and blow out the old one? Then, try again. Explain this New Light crap once more.
False analogy. The new light is more like dawn... it gets brighter and brighter as the sun rises on the horizon. The so called 'mistakes' of the GB are only shadows cast by the light of Jehovah's revelation...
5. Humility consists of open willingness to admit mistakes and explain your failures with a promise NEVER to do it again. Arrogance, on the other hand, says this:
"At times explanations given by Jehovah’s visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case."
Are you seriously suggesting that Jehovah, almighty creator of the universe, should show humility towards you? If that isn't arrogance, I don't know what is! Before you accuse the GB of being arrogent, you ought to take a good look in the mirror,
6. A Faithful Servant does not tell guests what they should eat. A Wise Servant would not dare cry, “Dinner is being served” while the guests just sit and wait and wait--unless he needed to have his crazy ass fired!
Beggers can't be choosers and that's what we are: beggers at Jehovah's spiritual banquet. How dare you be so impudent as to demand to be served like a little, spoiled brat banging his plate against the table! What an enormous sense of entitlement you apostates have!
7. Peter denied Christ 3 separate times out of self-regard in the face of danger. Afterward, Jesus gave him the keys to the Kingdom Tell me again how any disfellowshipped person is WORSE?
Apostates comparing themselves to apostles now? Jesus saw into Peter's heart and forgave him. Jehovah sees into the heart of apostates and condembs them. Simple as that.
8. Willingness to die for a belief seems to be the delight of terrorists and every other radical fanatic. Why do Christians find it heroic too?
Apples and Oranges. You can't compare a nonviolent Christian martyr to a suicide bomber as if it were the same thing. How desperate you apostates must be to resort to such illogic!
9. Okay, you're telling me what "this generation" REALLY MEANS now.....so....um...what the hell was all that other crap YOU SAID IT MEANT?
So you misinterpreted what the GB taught and now when they try to clarify their teaching to you, you accuse them of being inconsistent? Are you serious?
10. My mother suffered the pangs of birth so I could have a life. She fed me, changed my diapers, held me, dried my tears, taught me right from wrong and was always there for me. What kind of low-life ingrate will it make me IF I turn my back on her now because she won't quit smoking….and you just DISFELLOWSHIPPED HER!!
Your mother may have gave birth to you and her mother before her and so on... but at the end of that causal chain there is Jehovah. Without Jehovah you would have no mother, so who do you owe your ultimate loyalty to? Your mother gave birth to you, but can she give you etenal life in a paradise earth? Will you choose your earthly mother or your heavenly father? Only an idiot would even consider this a choice worth pondering for even a second.
How did I do?
Had I been asked the questions, I too would have had a go. I'd have been proud of my reply, too.
If no other point can be raised here, I hope it is this: NOBODY asks important questions when they study with JW's because you have to KNOW deeply the history of the Watchtower to see it's patchwork continuum of Ad Libs.
In my book, I Wept by the Rivers of Babylon, I raised this issue. I studied "the Bible" with my best friend who was a freshly minted JW. I didn't know I was going to be indoctrinated. I didn't know I wasn't really even studying "the Bible". I raised common sense objections not knowing the smooth responses had been honed and perfected over the decades.
I had my own version of Annoying--but--not so annoying they couldn't be given answers.
What makes it easy and possible for J-Dubs to refute objections is the fact there is no REALITY to match.
Let's take a Logical and Rational look at something simple:
A wheel is round. It pretty much has to be. There is no Chinese wheel, Russian wheel, American wheel when it comes to roundness and utility.
There is no Arabian Physics or Iranian Physics, or North Korean Physics because atoms and molecules and quarks and such perfectly accord with the reality of how things operate in our Universe. F always = M A (Force is equal to mass times acceleration) and E is always = to MC2 (energy in ergs is always equal to mass times the speed of light squared.)
There are no national variations or versions of Math, Science, Astronomy, Engineering, etc. for very good reasons.
All of these branches of knowledge correspond perfectly and demonstrably with provable useful and operational instances.
What about RELIGION?
This is my whole point! In Christianity alone, there are about 40 thousand versions, interpretations, variations asserted to be TRUTH itself, at odds with the other opinions.
SEE THE DIFFERENCE?
Science, Math, Geometry, Engineering, etc are based on Axioms, Principles, Operations which conform to reality in a way which DOESN't COMPORT with national or sectarian "opinions" in a contradictory way that Religion invites.
Shouldn't this be a CLUE?
Christians, Jews, Muslims have their own way of counting time--did you know that? Do you know what year it is, for example, for a Jew right now? It is 5775.
For a Muslim? It is 1438.
Baptists and Jehovah's Witnesses can look at Bible Chronology and come up with totally different worlds of belief and prediction based on the same Scriptures.They are based on the world which does not, in fact, exist except in one's mind.
Now you know how all the clever JW ANSWERS are created and effective.