Did anyone else want to puke at assemblies?

by RoadDoctor 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Did anyone else want to puke at assemblies?

Indeed I did. Especially if I consumed more than 8 rum & coke at lunch time.

• sxybrwneyes
    sxybrwneyes

Yeah, I used to want to puke all the time, more and more the older I got. I knew a couple of families that always had parts in the assemblies, portraying the perfect JW family with perfect pioneer kids. Yeah right. I was friends with those kids and they were far from perfect. In fact they were totally miserable. They only pioneered because their elder dad made them and they had to be the perfect example at the KH. Sickening!

• Brandy
    Brandy

I remember a sister at the KH I was attending going up to a brother who had been interviewed.

She just had to meet this strong brother. She was a single mom with the cutest little two year old boy. The boy's dad left her when she became JW.

She married the brother. The next morning her ewxplained to her that he was really not just over tired the night before, but was gay. He said that he would Not tell her if he did anything with anyone.

He did not really have this great job, but worked very part time. He married her to live off welfare.

The elders told her that even though she had not had sex with her husband that she was still bound to him for ever, or untill he freed her.

She caught him after a year or so.

brandy

• shamus
    shamus
    The DO said non-witnesses were corpses and that JWs kissing them were kissing corpses. Nice thing for those sisters and brothers out in the audience who became JWs and their spouses did not.
    OMG! If I heard this statement as a study coming for the first time to an assembly, I would run as fast as I could in the other direction!...kissing corpses!!!....just amazing!

Just disgusting how they think of themselves..... absolutley disgusting. If I were studying I would kick the person in the nuts and run too.......

• Mary
    Mary
    The DO said non-witnesses were corpses and that JWs kissing them were kissing corpses.

I vaguely remember someone saying that at an assembly years ago........but that was after I had consumed the above-mentioned rum and coke so it is kind of a blur.........have you SEEN some of the guys who get up on stage and say stuff like that? They look like walking corpses themselves.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Yep ... you hit on a common chord ... the 'experiences' ... I have given these a fews times ... the CO and DO always adjust, tweek, and manipulate the experience so that it seems hardll recognizable from what it really was ... they are always santitized and to weed out the reality ... Jim W.

• Austrian
    Austrian

One of the favorite young sisters to use on assembly parts around my area had a big double life. Their were alot of rumors about her amongst us dub boys. Turns out they were true. I saw her at a restaurant with her girlfriend 8 months ago. She gladly told me she was a stripper and a huge swinger. I laughed and I asked about some of the rumors that went around about her. She didn't deny anything.

My parents would always ask me after young dub experiences at the assembly, why couldn't I be like them. I would think to myself if they only knew...

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

I'm having flashbacks. God, I remember not being able to keep still in my seat during some of those sugar shock experiences. I would even pray to Jehovah and say 'I'm sorry but I don't believe that!' A few stand out in memory: Similar to the kissing a corpse remark, the DO said, 'If a sister marries out of the Lord she has rocks in her head, rocks for brains.' I sat there with my mouth hanging open. I'm thinking, No he didn't just say that. I looked around, the sisters in the rows ahead of me looked straight ahead, diligently writing down notes, looking up scriptures. I wanted to scream. My friends told me I had a bad attitude when I said that his comment was insulting and insensitive. The last circuit assembly I attended, a young married sister gets on the platform and starts gushing about how happy she is to be under her husband's headship and how wonderful submission is, how sisters need to be quiet and let their husband's do the thinking. I made an audible sound of "Oh!" and a few couples swung around to look at me. I wanted to pelt her with stones. I was fuming. The elder who had the part kept nodding and said, 'Very good, you're an excellent example.' Her stepford wife routine was gag inducing. Needless to say, that was my last assembly. It was mind numbing. - Victorian Sky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit