Did anyone else want to puke at assemblies?

by RoadDoctor 17 Replies latest jw friends

• RoadDoctor
    RoadDoctor

Is it me or do others get absolutely sickened by the disgusting interviews given during circuit and district assemblies? I mean, come on, how much more rehearsed are these little skits? I always hated hearing everyone's "out of this world" field service experiences. What made me really laugh was how perfect some of these Christian kids were, how they preached to their teachers and converted classmates. I always wondered if they did this preaching and converting when they were outside the school's parking lot drinking alcohol with the convertees? It also seemed to me that all of these experiences seemed to run together and basically sounded the same for all the years I was a member.

They make me sick!!!!! But my, what fun it is to laugh at them now

Josh

• shamus
    shamus

No kidding, Josh! (BTW, welcome!)

Those stupid freakin' interviews made me sick, too. I loved how monotone those poor people were at DC's because there were like 10,000 people watching them.... And were they real? NO. There was a thread here not long ago about who had parts, and everyone (or just about everyone) admitted that they were B.S.

• yxl1
    yxl1

I remember a young sister from my congregation who sat there on the stage telling everyone how good, clean and spiritual she was. Little did they know she was dating a mormon. I would cover for her at work while she went back to his house for a bit of rumpy-pumpy every Saturday afternoon.

• Gordy
    Gordy

It's not just at assemblies that those "interviews" used make me cringe.

Even at the Kingdom Hall we had them.

One Elder and his family always used to put themselves across as being the "perfect" JW family. He would have them on the platform for a "demonstration" of a "family study". Poor guy, didn't know that one daughter was having sex with a JW brother. One son, a MS, had been caught in bed with a girl, both using cannabis as well. Another son had a reputation at school, for being a foul-mouthed lout. The wife was on Prozac.

Yet they were always putting themselves over as the example of how a JW family should be, studying, field service, meetings etc.

All the teenagers in the congregation knew there little secrets, because one daughter couldn't keep her mouth shut, after a couple of drinks.

• blondie
    blondie

I went to my last circuit assembly this year. The CO compared the rank and file to young elephants tied to a stake as to learn they could only stray so far even when they were large enough to pull up the stake. What happened to Jesus' sheep analogy?

The DO said non-witnesses were corpses and that JWs kissing them were kissing corpses. Nice thing for those sisters and brothers out in the audience who became JWs and their spouses did not.

Blondie ()

• yxl1
    yxl1
    The DO said non-witnesses were corpses

The stupidity of the people who listen and apply this stuff never ceases to amaze me. What this DO is doing is judging non-JW as people that are already dead. Where the hell does that come from?!

"Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those persecuting you; that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous." (Matthew 5:43-45)
  • blondie
    blondie

yxl1, where did that come from?

It was a talk on staying away from non-JWs socially and not to marry them. I wondered how he expected the audience of mostly JWs to want to go door to door talking to corpses. It was part of the outline because it was brought up at other assemblies in the US.

I wanted to get up right then and leave but since we are trying to fade it would have been too dramatic.

Blondie

• unique1
    unique1
    What made me really laugh was how perfect some of these Christian kids were, how they preached to their teachers and converted classmates.

Every time I was wondering "Does this kid get beat up alot in school or are they leading a double life?" I knew it had to be one of the two.

• Shakita
    Shakita

I personally don't know how I made it through those last few assemblies I attended. My faith was almost non-existent, and everything that came down from the platform really grained on my nerves. In the morning, all that sustained me was the thought of lunch, and in the afternoon all that got me through was knowing that it would all soon be over!

The DO said non-witnesses were corpses and that JWs kissing them were kissing corpses. Nice thing for those sisters and brothers out in the audience who became JWs and their spouses did not.

OMG! If I heard this statement as a study coming for the first time to an assembly, I would run as fast as I could in the other direction!...kissing corpses!!!....just amazing!

I knew plenty of JW teenagers who were the friends of my kids. These were just teenagers like any other teenagers who want to be free to explore and investigate the big world out there. And, being JW teenagers they have so much more to worry about.....service hours, meeting parts, trying to live up to the idea of the perfect JW teenager, something that no one is able to do.....That is why so many teenagers grow up and leave the organization, they can never live up to what is expected of them...and as adults they refuse to be told what to think and believe anymore. These same JW teenagers turned adults are the societies worst enemy. They not only reject the religion they grew up with, but will tell many others of the organziation's hurtful policies toward their members, and this is the WT's worst nightmare.....less recruits....less money.

Sorry went off the topic a little there.

Mrs. Shakita

• Hamas
    Hamas

Yes, on several occasions.

The times that really did make me feel ill were those awful family plays, where the whole family got together to study some kind of shit like the days text. This is a massive problem in the Society; they seem to think that everybody lives in a little JW world where everything goes to plan and If ever it goes wrong then of course mommy and daddy are here to help !

This is rubbish ! I was raised by my mother alone. I shall never forget the stress that the society put on us because of this. 'One day my father will come along!' Yeah right. What garbage. I hate the Watchtower for that.

Other times I felt like hitting the people on the platform. I remember one time a young brother about 17 gave the whole audiance a lecture on how to do well in life, and how he was raised perfectly by mommy and daddy. Come on ! 17 year old little kid telling the god damn world how to live their lives ? Pathetic.

What makes this even worse is the fact that those sex starved single sisters were drooling over him; and of course they would ! He was a regular pioneer, daddy was an elder and mommy had so many friends ! What a catch ! Sad thing is; he was an ugly little swine. Just proves that witness sisters are so gullible and open to the slightest catch they can grab. Probably why I didnt get anywhere; after all, it was just little old me and my mother at the meetings... I didn't have any kind of connections to the Witness world.

I am so pleased I am free from this shit that was placed on my shoulders. This is why I will not stop in life until I have seen the back of the Watchtower Organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit