Meat Eating

by Fisherman 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Most hard to swallow meat and fish (that I was aware of) that I have ever eaten is rabbit, but also deer, octopus and eel sushi.

How about your meat eatings? What have you eaten that is interesting?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Alligator was chewy an I didn't like it. Bear was way gamey.

• VW.org
    VW.org

Kangaroo meat. Taste is to gamey. Strong. Will not try it again. Have heard some people using techniques to remove this gamey taste. Very lean.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Maggots......don't ever leave your boiled rice dish next to the bait tub when you're out fishing.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The secret to removing gamey taste from any meat is to process the meat with ammonium hydroxide USP.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I was taken to a Japanese restaurant where all the seafood was raw. We ate prawns, squid and octopus which was ok but I prefer them cooked. The common meat in central Africa is game from the bush so if you visit the rural areas you will likely eat all and any hoofed animals, wildebeest, gazelle, gemsbok, springbok, dik dik, oryx, eland and a host more--I found them all very tasty and lean. In Lithuania I had delicious wild boar burgers and also beaver sausage--I've tasted better. Ostrich is very good.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Something my daughter made at school and I didn't have a clue what it was and had to pretend it was the nicest thing I've ever tasted 😊

• Outahere
    Outahere

Ate a boiled egg with a chicken embryo in it (balut). Really chewy. Chased it with a shot of rum.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I've had rattlesnake, snails, deer, elk, duck, pheasant, fish and frog. My dad was a hunter so we had a lot of different things. Rattlesnake - chewy and bland. Snails - chewy and tastes like whatever you cook it in. Duck and Pheasant - dark and sort of ok. Elk tastes like roast beef. Frog tastes like chicken but I won't eat it again because I like frogs.

Related image

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I don't mind Kangaroo if it is cooked properly.

I have had crocodile which I found to be very fatty and I wouldn't eat it again.

I have had snails a few times. I liked them in their shells with garlic butter but the ragout of snail I had in a French restaurant was awful.

Also had Buffalo on a Barbecue once. Very gamey but I liked it.

First time I had quail I was hesitant as it was so small and reminded me of my pet bird but I do quite like them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit