Fun JW Tricks

by professor 13 Replies latest jw friends

• professor
    professor

In the late 1970's John Denver at one point in his concerts would ask any Jehovah's Witness in the crowd to please stand up. Once they were standing he would play the National Anthem! Hillarious.

Here's a trick you can try. Call a local Kingdom Hall. When someone answers "Hello, Kingdom Hall" say "Ha! You just said hello to a disfellowshipped person!" and hang up.

Or, get a bunch of friends together for a flash mob at one of the conventions. Then start clapping at really inappropriate times during the talks. Leave right before security asks you to.

Anyone got any more?

• obiwan
    obiwan

Show up for Saturday morning field service, go door to door and at noon tell everyone you've enjoyed your day and that your df'd, but you just wanted a reminder of how much you hated going out in field service.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL Obiwan's idea made me think... how about showing up a meeting for service, claiming you're from out of town or something; get assigned a partner, and when it's your turn to speak at the door, ask the householder if they've accepted Jesus as their savior and believe that he is God... when challenged, insist that that's what they teach in your congregation...

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

professor, didn't John Denver also ask JW's to leave the concert ???

why did he hate them so much ??? anyone know ???

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

go to the assembly in a bathing suit, and join the baptism line, afterwards thank them for reinstating you.

• RoadDoctor
    RoadDoctor

I remember we could not listen to any John Denver material as he was an apostate and the story told to us was that his father was a JW. This is why he hated the witnesses so much. GOD BLESS JOHN DENVER!

As far as showing up for field service in another congregation, that might be tough to do. They usually dont let complete strangers just join them unless accompanied by someone who already knew them from that congregation....nonetheless, a great trick which sounds like fun!

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Jerry Springer show stunt. I want to come in wearing nothing but a trenchcoat, run up on stage, flash and out the fire exit.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Strangely enough, I have heard both variations of the John Denver story that are mentioned in this thread, as well as one other variation.

In this one, JD is actually a friend of Witnesses who tells the audience that the next song will be patriotic, so any JWs in the audience might want to excuse themselves for a few minutes.

I wonder which, if any, of the stories are true.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The idea about posing as an out of town witness could work, but you would need to have all of the latest mags with you.

On a related note, once upon a time our congregation was visited by someone claiming to be from another city (Edmonton). He was looking for a little financial assistance. When asked what congregation he was from, he replied, "Holy Trinity". Talk about not doing your homework.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Someone got me with a little gag when I was still going door-to-door…

I knocked on the door… waited… nothing.

No one was there so I started to leave, but as I was walking away I thought I heard a knock at the door, so I went back expecting someone to open it. I waited a little while and decided that I was just hearing things and started to leave again.

As I was walking away I heard the knock again… this time much louder so I knew it really was a knock. So I (aka Sucker) went back to the door again and waited… Nothing. Once again I started to walk away and heard the knock again and paused and looked. It stopped. Then I continued walking away and the knocking started again but I ignored it this time. As I walked away it got louder for a few seconds and then quit.

Obviously someone was having a little fun at my expense.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I think the John Denver story is a JW urban legend, since I've heard the identical story, not only about him, but also about Don Ho and Frank Sinatra.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit