Lawsuits allege cover-up of sexual abuse by Jehovah's Witnesses-CNN.com

by ashitaka 56 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
  • sf
    sf

~pong~

• undercover
    undercover
    Condolences to all the abused people with a direct stake in these suits.

And all others abused.

Too bad most JWs won't read or listen to these stories, much less believe them. Remember the "Beware of Strangers" part at the DC? They said to not believe the negative news coming from the news media. The world's media is controlled by Satan. Don't listen to any thing negative about the witnesses from any source. Why, it's almost like they knew it was coming!(insert sarcastic voice here).

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

This is a vaccination program. A huge one that should encompass some 50 million Americans after the story cycles through.

BTW - I actually know JWs who have left over this issue.

And remember it usually takes years for a lot of JWs to actually see something wrong with the "forest"

• hawkaw
  • expatbrit
    expatbrit

My goodness, look at those truckloads of Depends generously donated by Georgetown on their way to Brooklyn!

Expatbrit

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

It's true that at the District Convention, the society said that these reports are coming from Satan and that Witnesses should not listen to them. However, what they instruct and what happens are two different things.

The talk at the DC also said that some had expressed their shock, were unable to sleep for days after watching the program, and that it "shook their faith".

Yes, many will have their blinders on - but not all. Most importantly, non-witnesses (and that's 99.7% of the country) will believe the news reports. As well, a lot of fringe Witnesses (and that's about half of them) just might hear it and listen.

This issue has the potential to do more to damage the Witnesses and force reform than any other issue. And, it has legs.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Just saw this story mentioned on TV on CNN. Not a very long, but explained the two witness problem perfectly. This is really going to reach many, many witnesses!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Running Man:

I am curious as to what convention this was mentioned? Were they referring to the Fifth Estate Program having that kind of impact? I am jsut curious if you have heard any other feedback at all about the show.

Most of my JW contacts have dried up of late so I don't get to hear the rumblings like I used to and am curious what is being said about Mike Moss' situation and also if anything has been circulated about that former Bethel Insider or if anything has been announced about him.

Thanks

Uzzah

• Scully
    Scully

Uzzah:

You can listen to the talk (which does not directly refer to a specific program, just "apostate promoted documentary shows") Beware the Voice of Strangers here:

http://www.escapethewatchtower.com/dc.mp3

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit