Unwritten rules at the Kingdom Hall, what were yours ???

by run dont walk 38 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

When I was a teenager it was sideburns to the center of the ear and no colored shirts. As a matter of fact the congregation overseer cut out of a magazine of a picture of a young man and posted it on the back bulletin board. He wrote comments on it like, "see where his sideburns are", "hair over the ears" etc. I was told after the society said those pictures were not to be taken as an example but they were only trying to show a modest or neutral example.

Will

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

To many to list. The general one was: Pay homage to the elders.

Mine was: Don't BS me. As I will catch you at it and excerise my authority over humans.

• shamus
    shamus

I almost forgot about the 4-door car rule.... how freakin' dare you buy a 2 door car? You sick and twisted satanic freak!!!!!!!

Oh,,,, memories........ like the... (**barf**)

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    However, there were certain ons that ALWAYS, ALWAYS sat in the same seats, and you knew better than to sit there, because if you did, you threw off the balance and screwed up the whole setaing arrangement and caused havoc.

Yeah I remember there was some that thought that one particular seat was their God given right. To really screw them up, you would get there early and sit in it. When that brother or sister would show up it would be like they didn't know what to do!!!

Will

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Mine was: Don't BS me. As I will catch you at it and excerise my authority over humans.

Like Eric Cartman said on a Southpart episode, "Are you questioning my authority"

Will

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Will,

You said:

Like Eric Cartman said on a Southpart episode, "Are you questioning my authority"

_____________________________________________________________-

You got it. That was a good episode! funny stuff!!

Mr. KIM

• DIM
    DIM

They used to really hate my sideburns, which was puzzling because they weren't really that long....they really hated when i drove past the kingdom hall and honked my horn at everybody and cheerfully waved on sunday mornings....i would go to Borders instead and read Q, Magnet, Rolling Stone and Melody Make and sip my americano. Ahhhh!

• Gordy
    Gordy

Can someone please tell me what is thing about 2 door cars? Why the "rule" not to have one?

It seems another of these American JW things.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

According to the unwritten rules, 2 door cars are proof that you are not spiritual enough, because it's too difficult to go out in service in a 2 door car. It means you can't drive, because no one wants to climb out of the back seat. 2 door cars are no-nos. *rolls eyes*

No double (or more) ear piercings

No sandals in field service without nylons

Sisters must wear nylons at meetings and in field service

No jeans skirts of any length

No slits past the knee (must be sewn up)

No bare arms on the stage

Brother’s hair length must not touch the collar

I had forgotten these, blondie. Same in our area. *shakes head*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit