Seabiscuit

by teejay 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• teejay
    teejay

It is a rare movie that evokes spontaneous applause from the audience -- TWICE! -- but this one did... and yours truly clapped right along with them.

A very fine movie with a very good message.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

You know teejay, I heard this on the radio this afternoon. I've never been to a movie where spontaneous applause broke out. My curiousity is now piqued.

I take it that you liked the movie?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I hope to see this one too.

It was opened in only a limited number of theaters. The distributors of the movie hope to let the "word of mouth" advertising draw more and more people over a longer time, so that this movie's momentum can be sustained through the autumn and hence draw attention from the Academy for multiple Oscar nominations. I think they don't need to worry -- this movie sounds very Oscar-worthy.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I don't know if I think it's oscar worthy, but it's a damn fine movie and an inspiring slice of history. I'm sure it will be nominated.

• teejay
    teejay

>>>> I take it that you liked the movie?

That would be a fair assumption, Big Tex.

It is a very good movie... like Six said... very inspiring. I'll buy it when it comes to DVD. It's that good. I only wish it had been even longer.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I read the book."A Captivating Story....with details of good history,the blistering pace of seabiscuit himself,and the charm of grand legend.

He was a cultural icon.A world-class athlete.A champion who triumped over terible handicaps to become a legend of the race track.

My son read the book and saw the movie and told me to take mom to see it ,we will.

Blueblades

• waiting
    waiting

Saw it Saturday. The first part was slow - but then so was the depression. Set the scene for the rest of the movie.

It was a little different in facts about the primary figures (not the horse) as was given in the book review I read. But didn't seem significant.

Yeah, and people clapped right outloud!

Highly recommend the movie.

waiting

• twolips
    twolips

It's something I never would of thought of seeing. But I saw a documentary of Seabiscuit a while back, and it's on my must see list.

I hope they captured the love between man and beast like it was it real life is there.

Because I do believe there are connections.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I've heard this question bandied about on the radio: do horses actually know they've won a race?

• teejay
    teejay

I don't think animals understand the concept of winning a race. I think they know when they are leading the pack, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit